Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
"this team has been mentally weak since 2010" & "i dont think hes a very good captain" . We are the most successful english club ,over the last 5 seasons , and yet are captain isnt very good and the team is mentally weak , often wondered how low this forum could go , ive got my answer.

We have won the league twice on the last day thanks to dramatic collapses from better teams who should have won it, we won the FA Cup playing only one decent team and won the League Cup.

And the cost for this was one billion pounds.

Saying "we're the most successful English club over the past 5 seasons" doesn't exactly cover the events.
no we won the league because we were mentally strong,kept going when everybody told us the race for the title was over and we were the better team as the finishing table showed

as for the league cup and fa cup comments,i would expect better from a mod,or has bluemoon gone all talksport spout shite to get the punters writing ?

jimmygrimblesboots said:
"this team has been mentally weak since 2010" & "i dont think hes a very good captain" . We are the most successful english club ,over the last 5 seasons , and yet are captain isnt very good and the team is mentally weak , often wondered how low this forum could go , ive got my answer.

There's always someone who thinks they are qualified to make such comments. Best ignored...... they don't usually like that.

"Here's to you Vincent Kompant, City love you more than you will know"

Very apt

sir peace frog said:
Damocles said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

We have won the league twice on the last day thanks to dramatic collapses from better teams who should have won it, we won the FA Cup playing only one decent team and won the League Cup.

Saying "we're the most successful English club over the past 5 seasons" doesn't exactly cover the events.
no we won the league because we were mentally strong,kept going when everybody told us the race for the title was over and we were the better team as the finishing table showed

as for the league cup and fa cup comments,i would expect better from a mod,or has bluemoon gone all talksport spout shite to get the punters writing ?

Well said mate. Previous poster speaks like a true rag

He has been ok as a captain but we had a loss recently which gave sharp relief to where he is lacking.
He is reasonably vocal but not enough for a captain trying to drag a team through a match.

I don't feel this is something he can change either, He is by nature a do'er not a shouter. You can be both but he is not.
We needed to see him scrag some collars the other day but it never came and i felt we needed that more than anything at that time beyond a few goals. He can do it but not often enough.

A great player having a dip in form with the spot light on him. It is that time of year when the pressure is on.
Big boys only now and we have seen him come good when we need before, just maybe not as a captain.

Maybe as a defender also you get a few less chances for a game changing tackle as opposed to say Viera when he was in midfield.
Many variables to take into account, i just hope it gets sorted amicably.

CC1 said:
sir peace frog said:
Damocles said:

Well said mate. Previous poster speaks like a true rag

Not really, I just don't think anybody in the team at all should be some sacred cow that cannot possibly be criticised otherwise you're "a rag". I don't need to prove my City credentials. It's pathetic that some people view a football player like this, really childish stuff.

As I said earlier, I don't think he's a good captain and it's independent entirely of his form. I think his mentality rubs off on the squad or vice versa which is why we get so frustrated and nervous so easily whereas a calmer head would be a more valuable asset to us.

I think the fact that our Chairman has to make a big speech about the importance of belief and lifting the pressure in the run up to our last minute title win, added to how we lost the game that should have been the title decider against Liverpool due to individual mistakes, including two from Kompany, shows that we are not mentally strong and only really when everybody has given up hope and the pressure disapated can we play anywhere near our potential. You can add into that the collapse at the Bernabeu where we got extremely giddy that we went in front and threw it away (in fact many results in Europe), the burnout we keep suffering after emotional results and some of the late goals both scored and conceded. We mentally fall to pieces a lot as both a squad and fanbase. We lack a steadying influence on the pitch who keeps doing the right things and making the right decisions when all is falling around them, or just as impoytantly, when all is going great which is what I think our Captain should be

If you think that makes me a rag or an attention seeker then I pity the dullness of you

Damocles said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

yes it does , it completely covers the events , 2 x premiership titles , fa cup winners , fa cup finalists , league cup winners , premiership runners up , in the last 5 seasons , not bad for a mentally weak team .Perhaps you should look at the facts , instead of trying to be a controversial and attention seeking WUM

I remember the derby match on Monday night a in the Aguerooooo season. He scored from a corner (no honestly, think back, he did), I have forgiven him every shite performance since then and I will continue to do so, even though I was buzzing so much that I did not sleep that night.

Vincent will bounce back as good as ever, but I think his mind has been elsewhere recently particulary with the collapse of his two sports bars Good Kompany in Belgium,now they are out of the way he can perhaps give more attention to his football career.

He needs to stand up and be counted, his whole demeanour and attitude has been slack, players go through this, it is only his own self awareness that will bring out the other side, plus the other players have to help him through this, Fernandinhos bust up with him and his omission just might be the turning point in his game?

Damocles said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

You've come up with some good posts in the last few weeks, but sorry this post is nonsense. The team top at the end of the season are the best team. We were far better than anyone last year and we was better than United in 2012. This squad could of won a lot more potentially, but I'm happy with our success over the past few years. No other english team can match us, although chelsea could have an arguement if they win the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.