Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really have to question this forums intelligence and memory when they're talking about shipping, arguably, our strongest figure in the team for the last 5/6 years out because of a poor season. Perplexing.

razinho said:
You really have to question this forums intelligence and memory when they're talking about shipping, arguably, our strongest figure in the team for the last 5/6 years out because of a poor season. Perplexing.

Nobody is talking about that.

Selection should really be about form. If we didn't have Barca coming up, I think we might have stuck with EM and MD against Burnley. The games in which VK has not played have more clean sheets. He's also walking round with a face on him, he should be professional enough to just get on with the job rather than show that there's obviously something on his mind. Injuries are no longer an excuse.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Vinny will be back. Don't think the constant switching of central defenders has helped . Nor has the complete lack of cover from defensive midfield. (Fernando)

Pearcey said:
Form is temporary, class is permanent. Vinny will be back. Don't think the constant switching of central defenders has helped . Nor has the complete lack of cover from defensive midfield. (Fernando)
At some point we need to stop making excuses. Vinny has been making some critical mistakes that has nothing to do with cover, or switching partners. We are not talking about communication errors or poor decisions because we are open. We are talking shot confidence errors. Dribbling in dangerous areas, losing his man constantly, committing bone headed fouls, some that fortunately didn't get penalized, mistiming jumps (like yesterday), poor reaction times (like against Barca), looking all around scared.

All these have little to do with Fernando, or whether it's EM or MD sitting next to him. He, personally, has been very poor on his own. Yet when I think of summer changes, CB never comes to mind coz I still see 2012 Vince. Yet that guy hasn't been around since 2012 :(

So there is a legitimate question to be asked here. All the other big players have actually had good runs at some point this season, Yaya, Aguero, Silva, Nasri, MD, Hart etc. the only core player that has yet to have 2 straight good games has probably been Komps. It is worrying. That's all.

Dax777 said:
Pearcey said:
At some point we need to stop making excuses. Vinny has been making some critical mistakes that has nothing to do with cover, or switching partners. We are not talking about communication errors or poor decisions because we are open. We are talking shot confidence errors. Dribbling in dangerous areas, losing his man constantly, committing bone headed fouls, some that fortunately didn't get penalized, mistiming jumps (like yesterday), poor reaction times (like against Barca), looking all around scared.

All these have little to do with Fernando, or whether it's EM or MD sitting next to him. He, personally, has been very poor on his own. Yet when I think of summer changes, CB never comes to mind coz I still see 2012 Vince. Yet that guy hasn't been around since 2012 :(

So there is a legitimate question to be asked here. All the other big players have actually had good runs at some point this season, Yaya, Aguero, Silva, Nasri, MD, Hart etc. the only core player that has yet to have 2 straight good games has probably been Komps. It is worrying. That's all.

Well said Dax and I hope when we take the captaincy off him over the summer which has to be a big priority for this club over the summer along with the other changes that have to take place on and off the field I think it might free him up even though I hope he will come to realise the best can be got from him when he is in a genuine fight for his place each week.

Along with Zabba and Hart he is the longest serving current player and only one of two from the Leslie era still at the club.

Our new captain which I am think will be bought in over the summer will be the start of what this squad and the best eleven need.

If he happens to be in VK 's best position all the better.

Competition always brings out the best in each individual.

Vinny needs a change at the club now in the remaining time he has left.

That poor header that cost us another point at Burnley was from a bloke with the world on his shoulders pardun the pun.

His demise over the past 12 months but progressively over the past 18 months is too bad to put down to just ageing and soft tissue injuries.

If MP is still with us next season and I very much doubt he will he has to make the right call and a new captain one with enthusiasm , spirit , one who inspires the right balance of awe and confidence and positive emotion and energy in every player is essential for our progression forward.

Vinny is not that leader , no player in our squad feels that way under Vinny and the cracks have been there for all to see not only in Vinny's own game but the negative effect he is having on others in that role.

The criticism of Vinny is way OTT,he has been unlucky with injury niggles over the past couple of seasons which have interrupted his form,add that to the constant rotation of players alongside him and the lack of industry and athleticism in front of him.......and its hardly surprising his game isn't quite what it was.
My feelings are that he is beginning to show signs that he is on his way back,i thought in his past couple of games he has shown a marked improvement.

Regarding the 'weak' header......where the fuck was our midfield to mop up such? 'blame' needs to be shared at least.

mancity1 said:
Dax777 said:
Pearcey said:

Well said Dax and I hope when we take the captaincy off him over the summer which has to be a big priority for this club over the summer along with the other changes that have to take place on and off the field I think it might free him up even though I hope he will come to realise the best can be got from him when he is in a genuine fight for his place each week.

Along with Zabba and Hart he is the longest serving current player and only one of two from the Leslie era still at the club.

Our new captain which I am think will be bought in over the summer will be the start of what this squad and the best eleven need.

If he happens to be in VK 's best position all the better.

Competition always brings out the best in each individual.

Vinny needs a change at the club now in the remaining time he has left.

That poor header that cost us another point at Burnley was from a bloke with the world on his shoulders pardun the pun.

His demise over the past 12 months but progressively over the past 18 months is too bad to put down to just ageing and soft tissue injuries.

If MP is still with us next season and I very much doubt he will he has to make the right call and a new captain one with enthusiasm , spirit , one who inspires the right balance of awe and confidence and positive emotion and energy in every player is essential for our progression forward.

Vinny is not that leader , no player in our squad feels that way under Vinny and the cracks have been there for all to see not only in Vinny's own game but the negative effect he is having on others in that role.
Kompany won't be losing the captaincy anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.