Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
shevtheblue said:
He played well on Saturday. Not outstanding but he played it simple and positioning was much better.
He had a good game - unfortunately their goal will give people ammunition to jump on him even though it wasn't really an error as such. Just unlucky it dropped to a Burnley player who the midfield had allowed the freedom of the park.

Pablo1 said:
shevtheblue said:
He played well on Saturday. Not outstanding but he played it simple and positioning was much better.
He had a good game - unfortunately their goal will give people ammunition to jump on him even though it wasn't really an error as such. Just unlucky it dropped to a Burnley player who the midfield had allowed the freedom of the park.

I too thought he was showing signs of getting his form back. I apportion no blame on Vinnie at all for their goal. As you say, we were no wehere near closing down.

mancity1 said:
Silva_Spell said:
Can't blame him for the goal but the spotlight is on him so a normal header gets scrutinised where if it were a Demichelis header it wouldn't.

If it was Demi I would have said the same thing about his effort.

A poor clearance is a poor clearance.

You can blame anyone or anything you like when it comes to a goal but at the end of the day Vinny knows he should have done better and its just not going for him this season as has been well documented on and off the park.

Lets blame Boyd himself as he shouldn't have struck it so well.

Blame is not the important thing its what Vinny does in the future that is important.

The story going around is that he will be left out on Wednesday and return on Saturday.

If this is the case its another reason why MP needs to go.

vinny got at least 20 yards on the clearing header and boyd was not closed down , your agenda with our captain is clouding your judgement , there must be at least a dozen posts agreeing that the player was not closed down , and just your myopic interpretation to blame vinny , and as for your little "stories" , grow up.

Actually, if you ever wanted to have a rant at him, you could have blamed him for the baffling duck in front of Tranny's shot a few years ago, not for a headed clearance that should have been followed and closed down by his team-mates.
Vince is looking bits better and every one should be happy with that.
For our season sake, the Kompany-Mangala pairing has to be reliable, the sooner the better; and an in-form Komps is a must.

The goal was vinnys fault no doubt center halfs get taught to clear the ball out of danger not put the ball into it! That said he looked an awful lot better on saturday! But when you're out of form and luck any mistake you make gets punished! How many of he's clearing headers have opposition scored from this season.

I'm not denying he's been very poor recently. But if you think stripping him of the captaincy will help, to me that's delusional and will only make things worse.

Look at things from his point of view, he's gone from being the captain of a strong squad, that has year on year deteriorated in terms of quality. Do you think we would have won a single trophy without him? I don't.

Some of the comments on this thread sound like exactly the sort of shit United fans spout week on week, and frankly I'm embarrassed for you.

Pearcey said:
I'm not denying he's been very poor recently. But if you think stripping him of the captaincy will help, to me that's delusional and will only make things worse.

Look at things from his point of view, he's gone from being the captain of a strong squad, that has year on year deteriorated in terms of quality. Do you think we would have won a single trophy without him? I don't.

Some of the comments on this thread sound like exactly the sort of shit United fans spout week on week, and frankly I'm embarrassed for you.

Let's look at the logic behind this then.

If he's going to fall to pieces because he's not the captain then he's mentally weak. Which means he shouldn't be the captain.

If he's not going to fall to pieces because he's not the captain then there's no benefit in keeping him as captain. Which means he shouldn't be captain.

And yes, City would have won trophies without Vincent Kompany. A ludicrous idea.

Damocles said:
Pearcey said:

Let's look at the logic behind this then.

If he's going to fall to pieces because he's not the captain then he's mentally weak. Which means he shouldn't be the captain.

If he's not going to fall to pieces because he's not the captain then there's no benefit in keeping him as captain. Which means he shouldn't be captain.

And yes, City would have won trophies without Vincent Kompany. A ludicrous idea.

I understand what you mean and locically what you say is true - but very rarely does someone at work get demoted and it doesn't affect them - it's human nature no matter how you try to put it in context you would feel hard done to.

GaudinoMotors said:
I understand what you mean and locically what you say is true - but very rarely does someone at work get demoted and it doesn't affect them - it's human nature no matter how you try to put it in context you would feel hard done to.

Of course that's true and understandable, was just making a point to Pearcey.

As said in the posts where I went into reasoning why I think this may help earlier in the thread, Kompany doesn't seem to me to be the type of person who shrinks at adversity. In fact he seems to redouble his efforts in an attempt to help effect the game.

We don't actually have the type of player in our team which I'd want to shift the captaincy to so this debate is purely academic really, but if there was one person who I think could handle and perhaps grow after losing the captaincy it would be Kompany.

Damocles said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Of course that's true and understandable, was just making a point to Pearcey.

As said in the posts where I went into reasoning why I think this may help earlier in the thread, Kompany doesn't seem to me to be the type of person who shrinks at adversity. In fact he seems to redouble his efforts in an attempt to help effect the game.

We don't actually have the type of player in our team which I'd want to shift the captaincy to so this debate is purely academic really, but if there was one person who I think could handle and perhaps grow after losing the captaincy it would be Kompany.
I'd worry that Kompany would be even more prone to those moments of Hollywood defending if he was trying to win back captaincy.

Without meaning to have a go at Kompany it's not unfair to say he's not always managed the highest expectation tremendously well, against QPR he had a shocker, him getting sent off against Hull actually led to arguably our best defensive performance under Pellegrini and he sliced it Coutinho in arguably our biggest game that season.

He's a fantastic defender on his day but unless we have someone in front of him to make those halfway line tackles it might be hard to stop his inconsistent form.

As dominant as he is he simply isn't as dominant as he wants to be and possibly he's too focused on his own game to captain the team around him.

The only real leader in that team, with the calmness and intelligence we need is Demichelis - which obviously presents its own problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.