Player Topic: Aleks Kolarov 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap and always has been , people are tricked into thinking he's good when the whole team is playing we'll and he can cross ball but the main job of a lb is to defend and he is atrocious at it

I like Kolarov but he loses focus far too easily. Was brilliant in the air first few games but loses an easy header against West Ham. Getting turned for the fourth today was just lazy defending. Think it was Kompany getting us fired up at the back and since he's gone out the defending is lackadaisical at best

I like Kolarov but he loses focus far too easily. Was brilliant in the air first few games but loses an easy header against West Ham. Getting turned for the fourth today was just lazy defending. Think it was Kompany getting us fired up at the back and since he's gone out the defending is lackadaisical at best

That is being kind. He was shit against Juventus, West Ham and now today. We have needed a new left back for years yet still we have to rely on him

Never, ever stops his man from whipping in a cross. Never. Just stands off them and let's them whip it in every time.

It's led to countless opportunities down that flank this season, we've just been lucky in that it's rarely led to a goal.

The absolute basics of defending as a fullback, he just doesn't have them.

Left back should've been a priority for me this summer, Kolarov's contributions going forward will never gloss over his defensive flaws, and they're absolutely glaring.

Never, ever stops his man from whipping in a cross. Never. Just stands off them and let's them whip it in every time.

It's led to countless opportunities down that flank this season, we've just been lucky in that it's rarely led to a goal.

The absolute basics of defending as a fullback, he just doesn't have them.

Left back should've been a priority for me this summer, Kolarov's contributions going forward will never gloss over his defensive flaws, and they're absolutely glaring.

Agree with all of this.

its not a coincidence that all the goals are coming from his side of the pitch...yes otomendi should have shown the ball out and then not given away the free kick but he was over there covering for Kolorov.......

4th goal was dire from him and he was directly responsible for (just like he was directly responsible for both goals vs west ham and one of the juve goals...comes off his shoulder)

we need a much better back up/replacement for Clichy

once zabba is fit id play sanga there until clichy is fit

for me he AK should have been sold 2 seasons ago

After thinking that he was finally - due to a run of games - showing he is actually a good player, the last few games have shown that he has not changed one bit. It's easy when the team is playing well, and has near 70% possession yet when we are pressed he is the big weak link. What really gets my goat is he is an experienced international who is supposed to lead but today he simply gave up - that is unforgivable. So much so that it was embarrassing when Kane outpaced him when he was starting at least 20 feet behind. I will state with confidence that we will never be a really top team until we have a decent left back. In short, AK has little pace, no defensive awareness, scores 1 in about 20 free kicks, gets in 3 decent crosses to about 15 attempts and always points to others rather than take responsibility when he makes an error. Get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.