Player Topic: Aleks Kolarov 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me laugh mate as I would cry otherwise. Sick of saying it and I get abuse for my opinion just because he scores the odd goal, he is utter horsehsit and one of the worst defenders I've ever seen.

I've received the same abuse on here, for pointing out his inadequacies. The sad thing is, Clichy has regressed so much that Kolarov probably is our best left back :| He is dog shit, yet is our best option... how have the club not thought about bringing in (or through from the academy!!!) a decent left back?

Needs to be top of our list. I like Clichy, he's an honest player without the ego and used to be one of the best. I think Kolarov winds me up so much because of his ego, his posturing and his ability to deceive people into thinking he's a good attacking full back :/

Clichy is boring
Boring because he keeps things simple and allows the attackers to do the majority of that role. While he concentrates on his defensive dutys, he will not overlap when he is aware of danger unlike Koralov that's the difference between the two.

we needed upgrade on this position couple of years ago already, can't understand why this position has been overlooked for so long.

He offers next to nothing atacking wise which we need when breaking teams down, however overall neither are good enough we need someone whos good attacking wise and defensively

Makes much more sense to keep Clichy though. On top of being younger, and HG, if a new first choice LB got injured and one of the current 2 were backups, I'd rather sacrifice the attack and stay solid at the back than visa versa.

Makes much more sense to keep Clichy though. On top of being younger, and HG, if a new first choice LB got injured and one of the current 2 were backups, I'd rather sacrifice the attack and stay solid at the back than visa versa.

Fair point, but Clichy is 8 months older than Kolarov.

The problem is that we relly heavily on our fullbacks to whip crosses in and the majority of the time were up against parked busses so tbh it would probably be better if our second choice left back was homegrown, but not clichy possibly someone from the academy maybe a better choice if we were to get a new left back and his understudy were to be someone from the academy which would mean he was home grown aswell as clichy isnt getting any younger himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.