Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by his performances, shoudl Zaba automatically become the first-choice RB? Sagna is certainly giving him a run for his money,
Zabs is great - but I 6hink a sensible decision was made today to not over-expose our back line. Zabs gets forward and does great overlaps but that may have left us over-exposed at the back today - when we had enough going forward to not need to take that risk.

Zabs is great - but I 6hink a sensible decision was made today to not over-expose our back line. Zabs gets forward and does great overlaps but that may have left us over-exposed at the back today - when we had enough going forward to not need to take that risk.
No doubt in my mind that Sagna is a better defensive full back than Zaba. Quicker and better in the air than him too but if we feel the attacking part of the game is what we need it's still Zaba for me.

Happy for him. He has been excellent so far this season. Keeps the shirt until he's injured or plays poorly. Zaba can enjoy an extended preseason after the Copa

I'd say give him the start against Everton and if we are able to, bring Zaba on for him and then Zaba against Watford. This way he's not rushed back into action and after four games we'll have a good idea on where we stand with our RBs. I must say though, it is a great problem to have.

Keep him in for next week, not put a foot wrong first two games.
Absolutely. When players are in top form like Sagna is, we shouldn't be chopping and changing things just for the sake of it. Let him have a good run and build up his confidence even more. Zabba can bide his time, he's played far too much football over the last 2 or 3 years so the extended rest will do him good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.