Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was brilliant. He didn't do anything particularly wrong last season, he just didn't do anything to really stand out. Yesterday he looked back to his best.

Decent Bacary!

he looked good in pre season and didn't put a foot wrong against chelsea, i'd keep him in for a while longer.

Zaba's got a fight on his hands. Fair play to Sagna he knew that Zaba wouldn't be fit for the start of the season and he stepped up to the plate. Despite being disappointing last season Sagna was still very good defensively, I always feel confident with his defensive abilities no matter who he's up against. The slide tackle to stop the break from hazard was superbly done and an important challenge. Glad to see him starting so well this season

said as much in the Kolarov thread;

2nd choicers for a single position, full back/keeper etc, have to perform very very well to keep the 1st choice out of the team (obviously) but are judged so much more harshly if they make a mistake. If Sagna drops a bollock, bang see you later and hello Zaba but it's not quite so simple the other way around. I see no reason to drop a highly capable 2nd choice who is in form when the 1st choice has no match fitness. Everton away for Zaba? no chance. Home to Watford? i think Zaba will feature.

Absolutely. When players are in top form like Sagna is, we shouldn't be chopping and changing things just for the sake of it. Let him have a good run and build up his confidence even more. Zabba can bide his time, he's played far too much football over the last 2 or 3 years so the extended rest will do him good.
Exactly.

As someone else has said, it could be a 60 game season [of mostly high intensity matches, travelling around Europe and some internationals for many of the players]. Everyone will get their chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.