Player Topic: David Silva (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not read the whole thread, but from what I've seen so far no one's really saying he should be "shipped out".

A couple of people at most suggested at some point we'd have to start planning for life without him - far too prematurely in my opinion, and clearly many others, judging by the replies.

Apologies if I've missed something, as I'm still working my way back through the thread, but it feels like a mountain is being made out of a molehill here?

About 99% of the posts I've read are eulogising about Silva, but people are getting wound up by the other 1% as though that's the majority view.

Issue is mate, if you come on here and say Silva has been poor, you get dogs abuse off people who think you want him sold.

He's held in higher regard than any other player so people aren't able to accept when he's not played well.

Issue is mate, if you come on here and say Silva has been poor, you get dogs abuse off people who think you want him sold.

He's held in higher regard than any other player so people aren't able to accept when he's not played well.
No, the issue is people like you and Billy have been on his case making out as if he's been playing like shite all season and we should be looking to replace him. There's a reason he's held in higher regard than other players and nobody disputes he's not been at his best since his return.
Where the problems stem from is your assesment that KDB is a better fit for us all of a sudden even though his form has been patchy at best.
At least have the fucking courage of your convictions. I've read your shite on here and Twitter on this subject and both indicate you'd have no problem with him being moved on. That's why you get dogs abuse.
There's no doubts we have to start looking at replacement for him in a couple of years, he can't go on forever, but he can certainly go on for another 3 seasons and he will still be the best player on the pitch even then.

Silva is a superb player, just going through a difficult spell after injury just like kun, I think towards the 2nd half of the season we will see a better Silva

When he came back from injury, he didn't look fit to me. Added to that our speed of play and movement off the ball has been poor. Hopefully, the rest has done him some good and Aguero's improving fitness means he will come good.

No, the issue is people like you and Billy have been on his case making out as if he's been playing like shite all season and we should be looking to replace him. There's a reason he's held in higher regard than other players and nobody disputes he's not been at his best since his return.
Where the problems stem from is your assesment that KDB is a better fit for us all of a sudden even though his form has been patchy at best.
At least have the fucking courage of your convictions. I've read your shite on here and Twitter on this subject and both indicate you'd have no problem with him being moved on. That's why you get dogs abuse.
There's no doubts we have to start looking at replacement for him in a couple of years, he can't go on forever, but he can certainly go on for another 3 seasons and he will still be the best player on the pitch even then.

Spot on.

Silva's biggest supporters have admitted he's out of form. Sean, Dax and that other one you mentioned are trying to create a narrative that you're not allowed to criticise Silva, but I've not seen a single poster say that! Everyone accepts he's not been at his brilliant best.

Those other 3 are actively suggesting he is replaced. That's quite a different thing to saying he's not playing well.

Supporters should get behind players when they're in a difficult period. Most genuine City fans are doing that and have faith that Silva will recapture his mesmerising best form. This isn't an 18 month slide where he's struggling physically like Yaya. This is 3 or 4 games on his way back from injury where he's not hit his peak.

The start of the season Silva was in the form of his life. We should get behind him because he will get back to that.

People who want him shipped out are either idiots, deluded, on the wum or a combination of all 3.

This is actually hilarious because me and Billy haven't, we've both mentioned he's been poor since his return from injury, which he has. The same way we've been critical of other players and the manager also.

People see what they want to see, but what can't be denied is that Yaya gets slated after every poor performance. Yet when Silva is mentioned there's an abundance of excuses and precious people who see it as an attack.

This is actually hilarious because me and Billy haven't, we've both mentioned he's been poor since his return from injury, which he has. The same way we've been critical of other players and the manager also.

People see what they want to see, but what can't be denied is that Yaya gets slated after every poor performance. Yet when Silva is mentioned there's an abundance of excuses and precious people who see it as an attack.
Nope, you've both banged the drum this last month or so about Silvas time coming to an end. I've read it from the two of you (and one or two others) on here and I infortunately stumbled onto your Twitter.
There's a reason why you can't compare Silvas 4/5 average games to Yayas average 12 months.
You can back track now if you want but like I said, if you're gonna bang the drum at least have the courage of your convictions to see it through.

Nope, you've both banged the drum this last month or so about Silvas time coming to an end. I've read it from the two of you (and one or two others) on here and I infortunately stumbled onto your Twitter.
There's a reason why you can't compare Silvas 4/5 average games to Yayas average 12 months.
You can back track now if you want but like I said, if you're gonna bang the drum at least have the courage of your convictions to see it through.

Spot on.

The posters who have been calling for him to be replaced are going to look even more stupid than they do now in the coming weeks, months and years when Silva gets back to his imperious best.

So a player who only a few months ago was in his best form of his life but now after injury has struggled to replicate his outstanding form should now be replaced like yaya who has been on the decline for 2 seasons now bar the odd bit of brilliance. Ok then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.