Player Topic: David Silva (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about what I like or what you like pal.

It's about people who constantly shout against the general consensus. Not because they've got a genuine alternative view, but because they desperately crave attention.

Anyone who wants Silva to be "shipped out" either falls in to that category, doesn't go to many games to actually watch him play, or they're new to football and don't understand just how good he is.
But who determines what's a genuine alternative view?
It's not about what I like or what you like pal.

It's about people who constantly shout against the general consensus. Not because they've got a genuine alternative view, but because they desperately crave attention.

Anyone who wants Silva to be "shipped out" either falls in to that category, doesn't go to many games to actually watch him play, or they're new to football and don't understand just how good he is.
OK. Better. But I don't think there is ever a consensus on these things. Just louder opinions every now and then trying to stifle others.

I generally push back against such bully attempts. I'm free to my opinion just like others are to theirs. From my view, I think we'll need a Silva replacement or Equal by the beginning of the 2017/2018 season.

You disagreed and distinguished him from Yaya. I agreed. But still believe by then a younger Silva should be running our team. And I hope that player is Isco.

We need not argue, let's seat back and reconvene 2 January's from now.

Not read the whole thread, but from what I've seen so far no one's really saying he should be "shipped out".

A couple of people at most suggested at some point we'd have to start planning for life without him - far too prematurely in my opinion, and clearly many others, judging by the replies.

Apologies if I've missed something, as I'm still working my way back through the thread, but it feels like a mountain is being made out of a molehill here?

About 99% of the posts I've read are eulogising about Silva, but people are getting wound up by the other 1% as though that's the majority view.

That's a sure fire sign of an emotional reaction. Can't keep issues separate.

As for Silva, I think most are in agreement that he is one of City's best ever. And perhaps my personal favorite to watch. But this doesn't mean that in 2 years I'd rather Isco be our starting AM with Silva a rotational player.

Why? Because he is over 30. Also, because he is injury prone and we look disjointed when he is not playing or playing well. And if we intend to challenge for CL in Pep's supposed 2nd year here, common sense suggests we should probably not solely rely on a 32 year old with an existing history of niggles, and missed games.

Don't take my word for it, look at what Pep did. He got smashed out of the CL last year, mainly because he didn't have his speed demons Robben and Ribery to terrorize Barca. So what did he do? Went out and got 2 younger speed demons for his squad. So if Robben and Ribery are crockef at anytime this season, you have Costa and Coleman to keep the terror going.

That's just proactive thinking. A season late by the way. I doubt Pep will put himself in that position again. It's almost a guarantee, if we look shit without Silva in Pep's first season, he'd bring in a player of similar quality to make sure that never happens again.

That player of similar quality bit younger is Isco. He is no flavor of the week. He has been around for s few years now. And he is on the verge of becoming great.

But to each their opinion. I often feel like I'm not discussing the same issue with some who I end up arguing with.
I agree that no player should be sacrosanct, and one of the qualities of the most successful managers who have taken teams, and then rebuilt them is that they no when its time to move on players who are often crowd favourites. But that's a very general point.

City seem to be a bit all over the place at the moment with Pellegrini struggling to integrate De Bruyne into the team, play Silva and get the most out of Toure all at the same time. But just because Silva seems to have all of a sudden lost his automatic starting place, I don't think it means his days are numbered. I think he can improve and be a top player for years to come.

There seems to be a lot of crystal ball gazing with much talk of Guardiola coming in, but I'd rather deal with this season than speculate on a new regime which might not hapen

I agree that no player should be sacrosanct, and one of the qualities of the most successful managers who have taken teams, and then rebuilt them is that they no when its time to move on players who are often crowd favourites. But that's a very general point.

City seem to be a bit all over the place at the moment with Pellegrini struggling to integrate De Bruyne into the team, play Silva and get the most out of Toure all at the same time. But just because Silva seems to have all of a sudden lost his automatic starting place, I don't think it means his days are numbered. I think he can improve and be a top player for years to come.

There seems to be a lot of crystal ball gazing with much talk of Guardiola coming in, but I'd rather deal with this season than speculate on a new regime which might not hapen
OK, in fairness, I was crystal ball gazing a bit:) But my view on Silva really has little to do with Silva's 2 or 3 poor games this season. I think that has been overblown.

It has more to do with our dependency on him. We look disjointed when he doesn't play and when be plays while recovering from injury.

I'd rather we are at a point in the next couple of seasons where we can looks as effective without Silva as we do with him. And yes, as he ages, he becomes more of a role player than a shoe in. If Yaya is not a clue, I don't know what else is.

Not read the whole thread, but from what I've seen so far no one's really saying he should be "shipped out".

A couple of people at most suggested at some point we'd have to start planning for life without him - far too prematurely in my opinion, and clearly many others, judging by the replies.

Apologies if I've missed something, as I'm still working my way back through the thread, but it feels like a mountain is being made out of a molehill here?

About 99% of the posts I've read are eulogising about Silva, but people are getting wound up by the other 1% as though that's the majority view.
You wanna venture over to the transfer forum, that exact turn of phrase has been used.

The "Shipped out" phrase is a direct quote from one of the posters saying exactly that.

This whole discussion started in the De Bruyne thread a few days ago. And has continued on the Silva, Weigle, Pellegrini, and Guardiola threads. Same posters saying the same things.

There is absolutely not a majority view that Silva should be shipped out.

There's just three or four posters who are renowned for wumming who are saying it on this thread and others.

OK, in fairness, I was crystal ball gazing a bit:) But my view on Silva really has little to do with Silva's 2 or 3 poor games this season. I think that has been overblown.

It has more to do with our dependency on him. We look disjointed when he doesn't play and when be plays while recovering from injury.

I'd rather we are at a point in the next couple of seasons where we can looks as effective without Silva as we do with him. And yes, as he ages, he becomes more of a role player than a shoe in. If Yaya is not a clue, I don't know what else is.
Yaya's fall from his peak was sudden but not entirely unexpected. First step will be to get Silva back up and running with De Bruyne. De bruyne has been very good in parts but I don't remember the team clicking with the two of them in the team. I think we should make a big effort to get the best out of both of them. We can do that without disrupting the defence, and if we get those two playing then everything else will come together.

There might be something obvious I am missing, because it all seems simple. Put them together in midfield with Fernandinho and Delph and Aguero and Sterling/Iheanacho up front.

The "Shipped out" phrase is a direct quote from one of the posters saying exactly that.

This whole discussion started in the De Bruyne thread a few days ago. And has continued on the Silva, Weigle, Pellegrini, and Guardiola threads. Same posters saying the same things.

There is absolutely not a majority view that Silva should be shipped out.

There's just three or four posters who are renowned for wumming who are saying it on this thread and others.

It'd be miles more helpful if people reported these posts at the time rather than subsequent complaints about wums getting away with it.

It'd be miles more helpful if people reported these posts at the time rather than subsequent complaints about wums getting away with it.
To be fair I don't think anyone was wumming just thinking ahead so we don't over rely on certain players i.e silva.Dax mentioned bringing in Isco to one day take over from silva which was spot on. However people have jumped on the fact he said we should ship out silva . But I'm sure it was just a bad choice of words and some posters have interpreted it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.