Player Topic: David Silva (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As, I suspected, there's a blind spot where Silva's concerned, and he certainly didn't run the show against Real Madrid or Barca.

Don't get me wrong, there are certain situations, (especially when City are already ahead, and starting to catch teams on the break), that Silva's vision is magnificent.

However,watch a rerun of Spain-Holland last year, particularly the second half when Silva was crucified by the Spanish Media for hiding when the wheels came off.
Guillem Balague has made the same point on numerous occasions when City have played a Spanish team, because regardless of whether we agree or disagree, that's the way he's perceived in Spain.
I suggest you watch the Real Madrid at home game again, but this time watch it with your eyes open.

I have thought about this a lot - and it's not true. He has performed against Bayern. The issue is Barca - and the reason is we are (pending transfers) not very good at keeping the ball against them. Therefore he does't get the ball often enough to threaten and we end up trying to play counter attack football against them and we don't have the dangerous players with pace that he could pick out with a pass.

Bayern at home in Pellegrini's first season was the best football I'd ever seen from Bayern. They swarmed the midfield and we had no answers.

Negredo and Silva replaced Aguero & Dzeko and the game totally changed. We were being run off the park. Silva totally changed the game.

Negredo scored, a clever ball from Silva to Toure saw Boateng haul Ya Ya down. Red card. Silva hit the bar from the resulting free kick. Negredo then missed a very good chance by inches. We were totally out played for 70 minutes, then Silva came on. Totally different game. That's just one big game. His performance in the 1-6 Derby, the best I think I've ever seen.

We always seem to click when silva is on song,it's a pleasure to watch him play and we our very lucky to have him in our team,doesn't bare thinking when we will have to eventually replace him, top top player who still in my opinion is still hugely underrated in England ....

I'm starting to have recurring dreams about he potential link up play between Silva and De Bruyne. They'd be such a nightmare, moving all over. Kun may very bag 40 goals with them behind them. Great thing about Silva is he'll make whatever target we bring in instantly better.

If we adopt a one striker system and use David behind Sergio for the majority of the year, we'll be a force to be reckoned with. I'm hoping with a full summer of rest and recuperation, he'll be even better.

Probably our best player last season .
Also got into double figures for scoring last season .
More of the same David .
Your a gem .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.