Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Still have faith in him .
He has it in his locker play well .
The lads no Michel Vonk .

supercity88 said:
Should have signed Benatia
Nastasic is better
Rekik will be better in time
Hummels is already better
Not worth the money
Demichelis is better

Now the wait is finally over... how long before these comments are made!

I think he will be a fantastic player for us - he can out muscle most attackers, he is quick, good on the ball and is good at stepping up and intercepting. Knows Fernando well and is the perfect compliment to Kompany!

Good luck to him though, because he will be mr.scapegoat if things don't go right! Welcome to City!

Couple of weeks

mosssideblue said:
wesshaw1985 said:
30million should have bought us Hummels, Garay or Vlaar after the World Cup, instead we spunked it on this lad.
30mill is finished article money and Mangala certainly isn't that...

Nobody is saying different.

5-10 years ago I would agree, but this no longer the case. Fellaini, Torres, shaw, infinitum

I think we all knew (including those that do the scouting/buying) that Eli was a rough diamond, and that his worth is only what someone was willing to pay. City have been courting this guy for some time and can obviously see more in the lad that you and I could possibly see, hence we saw fit to spend what we did

Give him time and those rough edges will be polished off.

Fellaini, Torres and Shaw all had at minimum 1 shit hot season in the prem behind them. Mangala is unproven at this level.
My only gripe is the pricing, 30million for me should buy you a more experienced proven defender. Not a diamond in the rough.
Its not a comparison to Demi who had 30plus caps to his name, played at Bayern for 7 years and cost 1/6 of the money. He was also an old player for Pelegrini.

I hope he comes good as the money is spent now and we cant just bomb him out in January. I just don't understand how it was signed off on in the first place...

Gabriel said:
Marvin said:
wesshaw1985 said:
30million should have bought us Hummels, Garay or Vlaar after the World Cup, instead we spunked it on this lad.
30mill is finished article money and Mangala certainly isn't that...
I think he's quality

Just a pity that like Demichelis before him his first weeks at the club are disrupted by injury. Remember he came late in the window as well

And like Demichelis he has been chastised by many in the media and on here, too. Takes defenders time to get accustomed to the thunderous pace of the English game. Given time and a little patience he'll excel.

Indeed.
I'll hold my hand up as one of those critical of MDM at the start, and have (happily) been proved wrong, so I'll reserve judgement this time

how much did jo robinhio or santa cruz cost 30 million for mangala was an investment . the main reason for defensive frailties this season is pointless rotation among the defense as for mdm good defender living of his experience but i don't expect him to be first choice by the end of the season

We needed someone to start alongside Kompany not someone for the future. He isn't holding the offside trap and thats costing us. He looks more like a midfielder.

kupest said:
We needed someone to start alongside Kompany not someone for the future. He isn't holding the offside trap and thats costing us. He looks more like a boxer.

I'm just releaved it was Demichalis who scored that own goal tonight or the lynch mob would have been out good and proper. One of our best players tonight. Great pass for the first goal.

I'm telling you straight up, Nastasić is better!

Given a run in the side to get used to playing under Pellegrini's tactics next to Kompany, we'd have an elite level defender there.

This guy is clumsy and unbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.