Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

I definitely think Mangala is thriving under Demichelis' instruction. Not criticising Kompany, but in terms of front foot defending Demichelis is better because he's played that system for a long time and has a wise footballing brain to know when to intercept and when to pressure the attacker. Kompany still makes the off mistake but can overcome it through power and pace. Demichelis doesn't have that to the same extent and really has to make the right calls. Two clean sheets from Demi and Mangala in two tough games - Hart's helped them though with great saves in both games.

Good performance last night, I think it's no surprise that as Clichy's form has picked up as has Mangala's also.

I think Demichelis is the better partner right now, Vinnie and Mangala are too similar in the way that they both like to attack the forward and be aggressive on the front foot. Also I saw Demichellis having words with Mangala in the warmup, like he was explaining tactical things etc, it seems he communicates well.

Are we sure he's left footed, he plays some brilliant long passes Pirlo would be proud of with his right

According to the legendary Stve Howie, he's our weak link. He was on talkshite this lunch time, and apparently we need to improve on him. Do they we even watch the games?

schfc6 said:
According to the legendary Stve Howie, he's our weak link. He was on talkshite this lunch time, and apparently we need to improve on him. Do they we even watch the games?
I guess not. Doesn't matter how Mangala performs he will be target because of his price tag. If he performs badly he will get slaughtered, if he performs like he has potential to, then they will say "well with that price tag he should be performing like that", which means he will never get credit.

Same goes with rest related to City. Team never gets credit. Imagine if we had been knocked out of CL. They set completely different standards to us than to other teams, which I find baffling.

Personally thought he played well against Southampton (sending off apart) and indeed versus Everton although he did have that rash moment with etoo.

For me he has had 3 decent games back to back - am confident he'll end up being a good player for us.

schfc6 said:
There's a party line they all follow. Right now it's 'Mangala is shite'. They'll peddle it for a while and wheel out pundit after pundit, and the more it's said, the more it will be believed.

It's a game - remember the 'Paul Scholes can't tackle' game? They played it for that long that a whole nation believed it, and referees bought into it as well. Not one of them asked 'why can't he just do extra training?' or 'can't Man Utd coach the lad to tackle better?'.

Hopefully they'll lay off the lad once they get bored. The only one I've heard trying to give him a break was Collymore!!!

schfc6 said:

Brilliant...what the fuck does Howie know about quality centre halves? The fucking lemming.

schfc6 said:
I heard that stupid Geordie twat. He said Fernandinho and Fernando were the exact same type of player too.

Why do they always have ill informed fuckwits like that to represent us ? He was clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.