Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Burtonblue said:
coleridge said:
His all round game is improving, but only very slowly. Nearly gave away a pen!

However, his physical presence is certainly an asset.
Nearly gave away a penalty? Sorry but are you for real?
If you are referring to the second half challenge on Vardy it was a magnificent tackle to go along with the great recovery and challenge on the same player early in the game. Vardy is bloody quick and had a good head start.
Not many players would have made those tackles successfully!
People have short memories here.
Remember Kompany's first season? He wasn't exactly a world beater then was he. Players take need time to adjust to the PL and Mangala is showing all the signs of doing so.
Patience.

I've already stated in this thread that this time last year, posters were slagging MD off and saying what a disastrous signing he was.

And yet by the end of the season, no one had a bad word for him.

As you said, players need time to adjust to this league, and I think it's especially true for defenders.

For those of you criticising Mangala, give the lad a break; he's improving and will become a Manchester City legend, I'm sure.

Burtonblue said:
coleridge said:

If you are referring to the second half challenge on Vardy it was a magnificent tackle to go along with the great recovery and challenge on the same player early in the game. Vardy is bloody quick and had a good head start.
Remember Kompany's first season? He wasn't exactly a world beater then was he. Players take need time to adjust to the PL and Mangala is showing all the signs of doing so.
Patience.

I can see that there is a shortage of chill pills today. Apart from your strange first line, I mostly agree with your comments and have never had any other opinion of him.

BM is an endless surprise of reactionary posts. LOL

coleridge said:
Burtonblue said:
coleridge said:

Patience.

I can see that there is a shortage of chill pills today. Apart from your strange first line, I mostly agree with your comments and have never had any other opinion of him.

How did he nearly give a penalty away?

mammutly said:
If Mangala was playing for le Newcastle, he would be good. But he's playing for the Champions and, so far, he isn't good enough. He's almost 24 and shouldn't be looking look panic stricken and mistake prone on a regular basis. He needs to improve. I hope he will.[/quoting

I'm guessing you weren't at the game? You can't have been.
He was very good yesterday, he is very strong and aggressive, exactly what we needed.
Talk of panic stricken, Kompany was all over the place, giving the ball away time and time again. Launching it forwards without design to no real striker.

Mangala on the other hand was trying to play out from the back.

This lad will be special and will make a lot of people look very silly.

coleridge said:
Burtonblue said:
coleridge said:

Patience.

I wouldn't say the first sentence was reactionary.
It was an incredulous reply to a mesmerising statement regarding an almost penalty.
To bring up almost events is quite frankly in the absurd category, hence the sarcasm (not reactive) reply.

This whole thread has become absurd! I'll leave the angry squad to making up their own arguments.

coleridge said:
This whole thread has become absurd! I'll leave the angry squad to making up their own arguments.

I don't think anyone is angry.

I just find it strange when people ignore the positives to focus on a hypothetical negative. By all means criticise the lad, after all there are many facets of his game that are far from perfect. However I think that he had his best game in a City shirt yesterday.

If Mangala got slated in a Newspaper for almost giving away a penalty, when it was in fact very good defending, then the agenda thread would have doubled its posts.

Whoever the commentator was for the NBC feed said he was fortunate not to have conceded a penalty. I had never heard him before but he was pretty thick, he probably thought Aguero dove as well.

buckshot said:
Whoever the commentator was for the NBC feed said he was fortunate not to have conceded a penalty. I had never heard him before but he was pretty thick, he probably thought Aguero dove as well.

NBC commentator was confused by why no one had scored a touchdown the whole match.

What the fuck has happened to this forum in recent weeks?!?! Mangala has been improving game on game, has pace, physically huge and only early 20's yet rather than support the lad and admit he played well yesterday some fans try and find something he did wrong? !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.