Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

He has the ability and I thought he was generally very good yesterday but had a couple of lapses of concentration resulting in sloppy passes.

The concentration lapses can be coached out of him.

If Mangala was playing for le Newcastle, he would be good. But he's playing for the Champions and, so far, he isn't good enough. He's almost 24 and shouldn't be looking look panic stricken and mistake prone on a regular basis. He needs to improve. I hope he will.

mammutly said:
If Mangala was playing for le Newcastle, he would be good. But he's playing for the Champions and, so far, he isn't good enough. He's almost 24 and shouldn't be looking look panic stricken and mistake prone on a regular basis. He needs to improve. I hope he will.

I disagree

Ducado said:
mammutly said:

I disagree

Is that allowed?

:)

Ducado said:
mammutly said:

I disagree

I'm somewhere in between. Got to give the lad time to adjust to the English game, but the laboured technique in possession is eerily reminiscent of Lescott and doesn't augur well

coleridge said:
His all round game is improving, but only very slowly. Nearly gave away a pen!

However, his physical presence is certainly an asset.

Nearly gave away a pen is the most stupid and ludicrous stick to beat a defender with.

He can ALMOST concede a hundred penalty's a match is he gets the ball and keeps a clean sheet.

city91 said:
coleridge said:

Nearly gave away a pen is the most stupid and ludicrous stick to beat a defender with.

He can ALMOST concede a hundred penalty's a match is he gets the ball and keeps a clean sheet.

I was referring to one occasion. No stick required. I am confident that he'll learn and improve. Not so sure about you, though. ;)

coleridge said:

Nearly gave away a penalty? Sorry but are you for real?
If you are referring to the second half challenge on Vardy it was a magnificent tackle to go along with the great recovery and challenge on the same player early in the game. Vardy is bloody quick and had a good head start.
Not many players would have made those tackles successfully!
People have short memories here.
Remember Kompany's first season? He wasn't exactly a world beater then was he. Players take need time to adjust to the PL and Mangala is showing all the signs of doing so.
Patience.

mosssideblue said:
He's WUMMING. Ignore

It's nashark under another name. We've already binned him for a while as he has form for wumming.

On the topic of Mangala, I'm a big fan. Think he's going to be one of the best in the world in a few years. He has everything in his game and the things he doesn't have are trainable or come with experience.

This is one of those topics that will be bumped in 5 years and everybody will have a great big laugh about how stupid some posters sounded. A bit like the Kompany threads is bumped semi-regularly.

Credit where it is due. Yesterday Mangala was our best player, directly blocking or cutting out numerous attempts at goal or crosses.

Yes he still looks ungainly, and on occasion gives the ball away with a silly pass, but in general he is becoming more of a benefit than a liability.

I have to be honest and admit I initially believed we'd bought a fabergé priced duck egg, but his recent performances give encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.