Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala signs!

Chippy_boy said:
MeatHunterrr said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
I wouldn't give a player, who hasn't had a minute of game time, his debut against arguably the strongest side in Europe.
You wouldn't, I would. This is what makes a forum. Different opinions.

What I don't understand is how and why have we got into a position where we are considering playing him for the 1st time against either Bayern or Chelsea? I just don't get it. Even a 30 minute session against Arsenal would have been better than nothing.
Yeah, I agree. Stoke game would have been the perfect opportunity for him to get some minutes under the belt. Surely he would have been able to play 45 minutes for example against Stoke.

MeatHunterrr said:
pikku said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Nastasic did start against RM and did pretty well right,so why not?You think Demi could handle three crucial games in the span of a week.Chelsea is a much more imp game and i wouldn't want to start him for that in case demi is tired.The bayern game is the ideal one as of now.Less risk involved,if we loose to chelsea,they are 8 pts ahead of us already.
I actually said that I would give him the debut now, so you misquoted.
My mistake,sorry there..

MeatHunterrr said:
Chippy_boy said:
MeatHunterrr said:

What I don't understand is how and why have we got into a position where we are considering playing him for the 1st time against either Bayern or Chelsea? I just don't get it. Even a 30 minute session against Arsenal would have been better than nothing.
Yeah, I agree. Stoke game would have been the perfect opportunity for him to get some minutes under the belt. Surely he would have been able to play 45 minutes for example against Stoke.

I understand what you mean, but it's very rare that you give a centre half 45 minutes. It's a position more than any other where the partnership with the guy stood next to you is absolutely paramount, it's not a good idea to break that up in the middle of a game unless absolutely essential.

Got mixed feelings about tonight, I want to see him play, but on paper if him and DeMichelis are going to play one game each this week I'd probably play DeMichelis tonight and Mangala on Sunday.

Bayern are a very intelligent and intricate side, so DeMichelis is probably more suited to playing against them as he reads the game so well. I expect Chelsea to play on the break on Sunday so we need a centre half with pace. Also Costa has been bullying defenders, Managala's pace and strength would make him more suited to playing against Chelsea than tonight.

Shaelumstash said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Chippy_boy said:

I understand what you mean, but it's very rare that you give a centre half 45 minutes. It's a position more than any other where the partnership with the guy stood next to you is absolutely paramount, it's not a good idea to break that up in the middle of a game unless absolutely essential.

Got mixed feelings about tonight, I want to see him play, but on paper if him and DeMichelis are going to play one game each this week I'd probably play DeMichelis tonight and Mangala on Sunday.

Bayern are a very intelligent and intricate side, so DeMichelis is probably more suited to playing against them as he reads the game so well. I expect Chelsea to play on the break on Sunday so we need a centre half with pace. Also Costa has been bullying defenders, Managala's pace and strength would make him more suited to playing against Chelsea than tonight.

Common sense there on the centre half thing (bringing a centre half on for 30-45 mins!?!?!?!?). Good points on Sunday too, I hadn't really thought about Mangala being better for that and MDM for this, more just that I was less concerned about this game than Sundays (so woulda started Mangala for this and MDN for Sunday) but what you've said there you may be right that the best all round would be Mangala Sunday and MDM tonight. We'll see

I'm torn!

On the one hand I'd rather he played tonight against Bayern as he knows European football better than the EPL, rather than on Sunday against Chelsea, which is already a huge game. On the other hand, I think Chelsea will play in exactly the same way they played against us last season at The Ethihad, so we need a centre half with pace. Diego Costa has been tearing up the Premiership by bullying his markers so Managala's pace and strength would make him more suited to playing against Chelsea than tonight.

If it were a choice, from a purely personal persective, I'd rather we played our absolute strongest side against Chelsea. I'd far rather we won the league, and yes if we progress in the CL then great but the league is more important to me.

Add this to the fact that the Bayern game is away and statistically one where you would expect them to win and I'd probably risk Mangala tonight rather than against Chelsea.

pikku said:
MeatHunterrr said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
I wouldn't give a player, who hasn't had a minute of game time, his debut against arguably the strongest side in Europe.
Nastasic did start against RM and did pretty well right,so why not?You think Demi could handle three crucial games in the span of a week.Chelsea is a much more imp game and i wouldn't want to start him for that in case demi is tired.The bayern game is the ideal one as of now.Less risk involved,if we loose to chelsea,they are 8 pts ahead of us already.

Nastasic did ok, but the rest of the defense were fairly shaky. Its not just how he plays, its how the defensive unit responds to a new player.

cibaman said:
pikku said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Nastasic did ok, but the rest of the defense were fairly shaky. Its not just how he plays, its how the defensive unit responds to a new player.

Could not believe it when Mancini did this thought he was arrogant by even thinking he could get away with this. He played somelse for the first time to was it Maicon?

Assuming there are no injuries, I would be surprised if Mangala played in either the Bayern or Chelsea games. MP likes to play safe. Both are very big games and to introduce a new defender would be a bold move. I imagine Mangala will get his first game against Sheffield Wednesday in the league cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.