Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala signs!

Plain Speaking said:
Assuming there are no injuries, I would be surprised if Mangala played in either the Bayern or Chelsea games. MP likes to play safe. Both are very big games and to introduce a new defender would be a bold move. I imagine Mangala will get his first game against Sheffield Wednesday in the league cup.

I don't agree at all that Pellegrini likes to play it safe. If anything, he's happy to take risks. Two up front against Chelsea last year. Two up front against Bayern. Lampard in a midfield 2 on Saturday.

Shaelumstash said:
Plain Speaking said:
Assuming there are no injuries, I would be surprised if Mangala played in either the Bayern or Chelsea games. MP likes to play safe. Both are very big games and to introduce a new defender would be a bold move. I imagine Mangala will get his first game against Sheffield Wednesday in the league cup.

I don't agree at all that Pellegrini likes to play it safe. If anything, he's happy to take risks. Two up front against Chelsea last year. Two up front against Bayern. Lampard in a midfield 2 on Saturday.
I think he experiments "very little". Changes like Lampard seem to be forced by injury/availability.
I'm not trying to have a go at MP, I just think his formations and selections are generally conservative.

Plain Speaking said:
Shaelumstash said:
Plain Speaking said:

I think he experiments "very little". Changes like Lampard seem to be forced by injury/availability.
I'm not trying to have a go at MP, I just think his formations and selections are generally conservative.

I agree he experiments very little, he sticks to his guns. But I think his default system is risky and isn't playing it safe, if you get what I mean?

For example 2 up front against Chelsea and Bayern, it wasn't experimenting, it was our normal shape, but it wasn't "playing it safe". It would be "playing it safe" to have one up front and getting an extra man in midfield, that's what a more cautious manager would do.

Pellegrini's style is in itself risky. I'm not criticising that by the way, it won us the league.

We seem very open at the back this season. Might as well roll the dice and give Mangala some game time next to Kompany. Can't defend any worse than we currently are.

I expect him to start on Sunday. I think it's the right move by Pellegrini. His pace, physicality and strength is ideal to play against Costa. Imagine Costa trying to bully Vinny and Mangala? No chance.

I'm not being dramatic, flapping, or knee jerking, but I think the game on Sunday might well decide the title. If they win they go 8 points clear, and I can't see a Mourinho side letting that slip. If we win it puts up two points behind them after a much trickier start which could give us the momentum.

When Van Persie scored that free kick against us in the 2012/13 season I thought it was pivotal, and so it proved, Sunday has a similar feel about it. Fingers crossed, Mangala could be the difference maker for us.

Shaelumstash said:
I expect him to start on Sunday. I think it's the right move by Pellegrini. His pace, physicality and strength is ideal to play against Costa. Imagine Costa trying to bully Vinny and Mangala? No chance.

I'm not being dramatic, flapping, or knee jerking, but I think the game on Sunday might well decide the title. If they win they go 8 points clear, and I can't see a Mourinho side letting that slip. If we win it puts up two points behind them after a much trickier start which could give us the momentum.

When Van Persie scored that free kick against us in the 2012/13 season I thought it was pivotal, and so it proved, Sunday has a similar feel about it. Fingers crossed, Mangala could be the difference maker for us.

I very much doubt he will start him against Chelsea. Probably against Sheff. Wed. in the cup.

I thought our defence was very shaky today,look at the amount of shots they.had,should not have happened in the first place,if not for joe,100% it would have been a hammering.Just play him on Sunday now,instead of waiting till wednesday,what is the point in that anyway?.

Not this weekend, Sheffield Weds game. Let him get his feet under him and then allow him to bed in during the upcoming run of Prem games. After all, just because we bought him, doesn't mean MDM has done anything to get himself dropped. In fact, I might give Vinny a rest before MDM, as he seems to be extending himself more than most recently, and a night off would do him good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.