Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala signs!

franksinatra said:
Personally I am not sure this was the best way to have spent the limited funds available to the club also this summer. As pointed out we had the second strongest defence last season, even though playing offensively and our back up centre half (Nastasic) was part of the best defence the season before. In addition Sagna, is also highly rated as a centre half if the situation arises.

It could be argued another centre half was required but spending 32 million is a significant outlay. Particularly as we are a bit short upfront and with two strikers (Aguero & Jovetic) who do seem to suffer frequently with hamstring injuries.

Again it is only an opinion but I think Sanchez would have been a good signing for us. He would have offered us pace and directness, the team sometimes lacks, and goals which will be needed from the flanks and play as a striker in the event of injuries. I think the goals from the flanks will be relevant if we start to play one upfront as Nasri and Silva are not natural goalscorers.

Again it is just an opinion and not a criticism of Mangala, just for 32 million on a limited budget I think that money should be reserved for players who win you games.

But we don't have a limited budget. We ended 20 (or 40) million in the black (depending on if you count the Negredo money which I think we are).

Hopefully Mangala makes his debut tonight.

He's played in the Champion's League before, he's played a lot of European football.

There's no way MDM can play 3 big games in a week, so Mangala will have to play either tonight or against Chelsea.

I'd rather he played tonight as he knows European football well, rather than on Sunday against Chelsea in a new league in a massive game.

Looking forward to seeing him, I think he's a top defender and will add a bit of pace to our defence.

CityFan94 said:

He's played in the Champion's League before, he's played a lot of European football.

There's no way MDM can play 3 big games in a week, so Mangala will have to play either tonight or against Chelsea.

I'd rather he played tonight as he knows European football well, rather than on Sunday against Chelsea in a new league in a massive game.

Looking forward to seeing him, I think he's a top defender and will add a bit of pace to our defence.
Me too,want him to start today.

pikku said:
CityFan94 said:

Yeah, I would be fine too with him starting today. I actually want him to start today but you can always want.

MeatHunterrr said:
pikku said:
CityFan94 said:

Yeah, I would be fine too with him starting today. I actually want him to start today but you can always want.

I wouldn't give a player, who hasn't had a minute of game time, his debut against arguably the strongest side in Europe.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
MeatHunterrr said:
pikku said:

I wouldn't give a player, who hasn't had a minute of game time, his debut against arguably the strongest side in Europe.
You wouldn't, I would. This is what makes a forum. Different opinions.

MeatHunterrr said:
MeatHunterrr said:

What I don't understand is how and why have we got into a position where we are considering playing him for the 1st time against either Bayern or Chelsea? I just don't get it. Even a 30 minute session against Arsenal would have been better than nothing.

MeatHunterrr said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Nastasic did start against RM and did pretty well right,so why not?You think Demi could handle three crucial games in the span of a week.Chelsea is a much more imp game and i wouldn't want to start him for that in case demi is tired.The bayern game is the ideal one as of now.Less risk involved,if we loose to chelsea,they are 8 pts ahead of us already.

MeatHunterrr said:
pikku said:

I was expecting Mangala to be ready for the L'pool game but that was too early and he didn't play at the Emirates either. It's a perfect opportunity tonight. Like mentioned above, he knows European football, has around 35 European games under his belt. I'm sure he is itching to go. Surely we can't keep waiting to give him his debut against an easy opponent. Should start tonight IMO.

pikku said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Nastasic did start against RM and did pretty well right,so why not?You think Demi could handle three crucial games in the span of a week.Chelsea is a much more imp game and i wouldn't want to start him for that in case demi is tired.The bayern game is the ideal one as of now.Less risk involved,if we loose to chelsea,they are 8 pts ahead of us already.
I actually said that I would give him the debut now, so you misquoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.