Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Very impressive but why sell yaya as has been suggested by some? Man gala and Vinny with Fern and Fern in front of then allows Yaya to play the more advanced role where he thrives and saves his legs. For CL games we can drop Milnerton into midfield and sacrifice a striker. Job done.

Good debut & a good prospect for the next ten years. A great opportunity for him to learn the art of positive defending from the elite Vincent. Very early days,let's give him some space & not go over the top.......unlike the giddy Leicester losers !!

Didsbury Dave said:
What an incredible pairing we have. Not many better int he world, I wouldn't have thought.

Given time, these two will be the best bar none. To think there were City fans bemoaning the fee, and questioning this signing.

Absolute monstrous performance yesterday, my highlight was when he walked through Ramires in the first half right down in front of me.

His pace probably also allows us to play Kolarov in games against teams that have a lot of pace, knowing that he can cover the gap left when Kolarov gets forward.

Good luck to teams trying to play through the middle of us once Fernando is back from injury :)

Be interesting to see how Manuel lines us up once we have a fully fit squad?

Manga La La La La, La La La La, Mangala

I am waiting to hear this tune at the Etihad!

Young and raw talent; exceptional pick from Porto. Agree that Mangala with Kompany and Fernando will be a great trio to break apart, however Managala is young and must not be rushed into too many games

He shouldn't be injured like the way Jovetic was in his first season. Good thinking around preparation time by Manuel Pellegrini!

hgblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What an incredible pairing we have. Not many better int he world, I wouldn't have thought.

Given time, these two will be the best bar none. To think there were City fans bemoaning the fee, and questioning this signing.

I can see why Txiki was so adamant about Mangala and even risked losing Benatia to Bayern if yesterday is anything to go by. He's much wider than he looks on pictures too

Danish Blue said:
Very impressive but why sell yaya as has been suggested by some? Man gala and Vinny with Fern and Fern in front of then allows Yaya to play the more advanced role where he thrives and saves his legs. For CL games we can drop Milnerton into midfield and sacrifice a striker. Job done.
Agree.

TonyM said:
Danish Blue said:
Agree.
+1

absolutely top class debut! now let's see if he can keep it up. hope so as if he can, boy what a player we have in our hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.