Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a bright, sensible and hard-working lad. I've been critical at times but he'll certainly give himself a real chance with an attitude like that.

Puteulanus luna said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Agree Vienna_70 the fee was £32M end of. The only people trying to make it £42M are Sky and the Anti City press. The c**ts on here that start believing what those fucking nonce in the press write and start bringing that bollocks to this forum should fuck right off.

Oh and as a player he has done well in the last few games and will only get better. If we keep highlighting every mistake he made we would be here all day with some of the big mistakes VK has made this year.
Exactly. Mangala has to play a near perfect game for him to have a decent game on bluemoan. Every player makes a mistake at least once a game but if its mangala or Fernando they get canned for it.

I wouldn't group the two together. Mangala has shown promise in many of his games, and he's picked up his form. Now if he could just get a good run of games. Nando on the other hand isn't enough to be a first teamer for us. A squad player at best.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Puteulanus luna said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Agree Vienna_70 the fee was £32M end of. The only people trying to make it £42M are Sky and the Anti City press. The c**ts on here that start believing what those fucking nonce in the press write and start bringing that bollocks to this forum should fuck right off.

Oh and as a player he has done well in the last few games and will only get better. If we keep highlighting every mistake he made we would be here all day with some of the big mistakes VK has made this year.
Exactly. Mangala has to play a near perfect game for him to have a decent game on bluemoan. Every player makes a mistake at least once a game but if its mangala or Fernando they get canned for it.

I wouldn't group the two together. Mangala has shown promise in many of his games, and he's picked up his form. Now if he could just get a good run of games. Nando on the other hand isn't enough to be a first teamer for us. A squad player at best.

In relation to the £42m transfer fee - I forget the full details, but an interview with a journalist was posted running through the whole anti-City agenda and it was quite interesting to read. It said that like most big clubs the scrutiny was higher and the only reason pro-City news wasn't perhaps making the headlines the way rag stories would is because a story of Rooney doing x, y or z was a bigger paper seller than a City player. It also mentioned that Rooney's whole demands for a pay increase was all over the paper and if that had have been Yaya or Silva it wouldn't have been followed so closely either because in the grand scheme of things nationwide most people aren't too bothered by it, as they would be by Rooney. I think some good points were made and I think some City fans can be over sensitive to the media's perception of us. We aren't as supported as other clubs but you still get a lot of anti-Arsenal and Chelsea stories all over the press and I don't think we're treated much differently.

Anyway... the journalist also talked about fees after he was asked why City fees were often inflated whilst other clubs seemed to have theirs deflated. In response he said again it was all an incorrect perception and that Mangala's fee has been reported at £32m despite being closer to £42m with add-ons etc.

Either way... Mangala has all the attributes of a top defender and whilst people say he's not "young", look at the top centre backs. Most play into their 30s so he could have 10 years at the top with City. That's between £3.2m and £4m a year for a potentially top centre back with pace power and technique. You'd take that.

Assuming that the fee we paid was £42million why was it initially reported as £32million?

Anyone?

One journalist who shan't be named said City had privately confirmed his fee to be £42m quite some time after the original reports. And now it's appearing more. Personally, I prefer to cover my ears and pretend it's £32m, because as much as I like Mangala and think he can be great, £42m is mind-boggling.

To be fair that explanation that we paid amount X to Porto but we made the big king of transfers Jorge Mendes to accept quite lower fee (for his 3rd party stake) than the ratio of the amount we paid for Porto was quite strange.

42m is hell of a lot for Mangala. Its not his mistake tho, I mean if we had negotiate it very well and got him for 10m he still would be the same players not better or worse apart from maybe some pressure from the price tag.

Next year imo is crucial for him to really show how good he is and become a crucial part of our defence.

Btw I wonder if we decided to sell him now (obv we wont and shouldnt) how much would be the highest offer for him. Cant see anyone coming up with anything close to 42m.

We cant rate him objectively until he will be part of a defence that is not sent to burn in hell by his manager tactically. The open midfield the lack of track back/pressing etc.

£42M for a player who couldn't get a kick at the World Cup behind the likes of Koscielny and Sakho. How did Porto do it?

PSG paid a similar fee for Luiz which is generally regarded as insane.

gazzaa2 said:
£42M for a player who couldn't get a kick at the World Cup behind the likes of Koscielny and Sakho. How did Porto do it?

PSG paid a similar fee for Luiz which is generally regarded as insane.

From what I understand I think Porto made 32m but his agent got 10m, I think it might have been through third party ownership.

Still a ridiculous amount.

Porto got €30.5m for their 56.67% share. I think Standard Liege retained a percentage of his owners and their was at least one 3rd party agency with a share as well.

I think he's been poorly mismanaged this season. The lad needs a run of games to gather some form. He's getting that run now only because Kompany is injured, its forced MP's hand and the boy has played well.

Looking forward to him properly settling in for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.