Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of negative comments on the performance against Swansea but fair to say the pass and shot for the Gomis goal was simply class. He still made up ground to force the shot from a wide angle. Credit to Gomis.

Not too many mentions of the defensive effort he put in to steal the ball the fell to Toure to grab the winner. More than made up for it with that effort.

Lot of negative comments on the performance against Swansea but fair to say the pass and shot for the Gomis goal was simply class. He still made up ground to force the shot from a wide angle. Credit to Gomis.

Not too many mentions of the defensive effort he put in to steal the ball the fell to Toure to grab the winner. More than made up for it with that effort.

Spot on mate. It just seems like a conditioned reflex for some to automatically target certain players - Mangala and Navas being the main.

Spot on mate. It just seems like a conditioned reflex for some to automatically target certain players - Mangala and Navas being the main.

being really honest with me its not a conditioned reflex i just think he's a bit of a shit defender

Watched the game on SNF last night and was expecting a horror show, judging by the post match thread. Thought he did okay yesterday, worked hard. Getting stick from some for not getting to Gomis or not taking him down outside the box, had he fouled him he'd have been off and if VK is not back for Arsenal then we'd be starting with MDM...not good.

Definitely coaching.He has every attribute to be a monster except know how.His attitude and desire to be the best is obvious,he probably tries too hard. .....which leads to his heart ruling his head and,subsequently,errors.
A good mentor/coach and he'll be superb,we've all seen the ability,unfortunately just not consistently.

Would be better than going out and spending a fortune again.Cant understand how someone like Pulis or Howe can get teams drilled but we just go out and buy again with no shit flying the way of our buyers or coaching staff

Watched the game on SNF last night and was expecting a horror show, judging by the post match thread. Thought he did okay yesterday, worked hard. Getting stick from some for not getting to Gomis or not taking him down outside the box, had he fouled him he'd have been off and if VK is not back for Arsenal then we'd be starting with MDM...not good.

It is still poor positional play. How many chances do we get where the forward is the last man has a free run and Shot? Not many.

Yesterday it happened twice. Once for the goal and once where Ottamendi made the same mistake and Routledge should have scored.

We allow the opposition too many clear chances. Liverpool could have scored 7, Stoke 5 and if Swansea had a decent forward, they could have won yesterday.

It's not just Mangala, the whole defence needs sorting out.

In recent seasons we've had a few targets..............Dzeko, Garcia, Navas, Kolarov, Mangala. Christ even Hart gets abuse from certain sections. I just don't get it.

I thought YES when gomis came one yesterday. I thought that would suit Mangala better, but look what happened. Can't keep making excuses for him. Over a year on and he's still shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.