Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's as likely to 'come good' as Anderson was at United. Sometimes you just have to accept you've bought a dud and cut your losses.

So many goals are coming from Mangala's 'zone' this season yet to some people he's not a problem; watch the Sigurdsson chance that Hart saved at the near post or Gomis' run that Joe intercepted, Mangala's so AWOL it's almost amusing.

It is all the more surprising how shaky our defence is as I am sure today's central pairing was Porto's,or were they as bad there as well?

At the moment, If he were to leave, I'd have no concern about him being "one that got away".

The level of vitriol directed at this player is really unwarranted.
Relative to his pricetag he has obviously underperformed, but he didn't choose his price.
We went 5 games without conceding with him and Kompany at the start of the season, and he looked decent beside Demichelis at the tail end of last season. Not a lost cause for me, but seems to function best with a settled lineup.

His reaction time is too slow. He gives his opponents way too much space and gets caught out. Not every buy will be a winner, you just want your fare share. In this case we bought someone who is not good enough. Cut our losses, as pricey as this one may be. There's a reason he was going to be loaned out at the start of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.