Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one that didnt want him,his debut against Chelsea was great but he is struggling as I thought he would after watching him play at Porto.

Demi,Mangala to go out in Jan with someone to come in to play alongside Ota who I think is a good signing.

Dont think Denayer is good enough at CB,RB maybe?

Kompany looks to be a luxury we cant afford now,need a consistent pairing.

It might be an awkward conversation for Begiristain to have with his bosses, "please can I spend another £30m on a centre back"

I really want Mangala to succeed at City but I'm beginning to think he may not make the grade..his positional sense seems even worse than Micah Richards (if possible) and like mentioned his only redeeming quality currently is his rapid pace

He's young..but the question that has to be asked is how long will we give him before losing patience?

Demi will no doubt be leaving in the summer..I reckon Denayer will be back in the fold next season..will be interesting to see if we stick or twist with Eliaquim

Problems are generally in his head and concerned with attempting to do too much. Similar to Kompany in that regards, and all the criticisms I have of Kompany I also have of Mangala (though he isn't the captain).

He's alright though, the lack of protection he gets from the midfield tends to amplify his mistakes. Wouldn't cry a river if he left but still think there's an awful lot of promise there.
my thoughts exactly

East Manchester has become a Bermuda Triangle for centre backs. You'd think a club with our resources would have: (a) top drawer defensive scouts, and (b) top drawer defensive coaches.

His reaction time is too slow. He gives his opponents way too much space and gets caught out. Not every buy will be a winner, you just want your fare share. In this case we bought someone who is not good enough. Cut our losses, as pricey as this one may be. There's a reason he was going to be loaned out at the start of the year.

Exactly and I agree that he should be changed asap. We need a new CB in January because the thought of him and Demichellis having to play a lot of games for the rest of the season is not a good one!

The Gomis goal was his fault IMO, yes a lack of pressure to stop the ball, but he had a good yard on Gomis and should have stopped the shot coming in.

His concentration and positional sense needs drastic improvement if he's going to make it here, as he currently makes too many mistakes.

The Gomis goal was his fault IMO, yes a lack of pressure to stop the ball, but he had a good yard on Gomis and should have stopped the shot coming in.

His concentration and positional sense needs drastic improvement if he's going to make it here, as he currently makes too many mistakes.
Mistakes can be made. Otamendi (who I think is absolute class) made one for a Gladbach goal the other night. It's when the same mistakes are made over and over (like the manager) when things need changing.

I quite like some aspects of Mangala's game. I think he looks nervous though, maybe through lack of confidence. I'd like to see him get a good dozen games next to Otamendi and build a proper understanding and build confidence.

Got left for dust by Bafetimbi Gomis who is of average speed at best. Has he lost a yard since being here?

More his speed of thought rather than physical. He needs a mentor - summed up yesterday by his booking for recklessly flying into a tackle when the fullback was going nowhere. I think he genuinely wants to do well and at least he doesn't hide. Hope he improves, at age 24+ he should be coming into his own. Perhaps better defensive coaching needed?

More his speed of thought rather than physical. He needs a mentor - summed up yesterday by his booking for recklessly flying into a tackle when the fullback was going nowhere. I think he genuinely wants to do well and at least he doesn't hide. Hope he improves, at age 24+ he should be coming into his own. Perhaps better defensive coaching needed?
Definitely coaching.He has every attribute to be a monster except know how.His attitude and desire to be the best is obvious,he probably tries too hard. .....which leads to his heart ruling his head and,subsequently,errors.
A good mentor/coach and he'll be superb,we've all seen the ability,unfortunately just not consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.