Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's clearly very comfortable winning goal kicks and playing against a muscular striker. I think his hiccups have come more in defending deeper and against set pieces. He and Vinny still have an astonishing ability to run into one another at the top of our box. He was great today and if we can maintain this level of play his attributes lend themselves well to the match. I'm not sure I'd rule out Otamendi even in spite of today's performance as I think Mangala is still very, very raw, but it's hard not to be excited by what we've seen early this season.

Best game so far for us, looks like he's got up to speed with the Prem, would be an act of folly to ship him out now and send on another CH.

I'm starting to believe he is coming up to speed with the Premier League now.
Was solid against WBA (who admittedly were a bit toothless) and was amongst a group of our best against Chelsea.
I hope the reports of him being shipped out on loan are incorrect. This is totally the wrong time for it. You can see his confidence growing now and a move like that could shatter his confidence and send his development backwards. He is a long-term investment which is starting to bear fruit and I would hate to see us throw that away in a late knee-jerk reaction to some ordinary form in his first season.

So
For the life of me I don't understand why are we paying almost £30 mil when clearly kompany and Mangala can do the job.. I was so excited to see Denayer named in the senior squad but if we buy Otamendi I don't see Denayer getting a run in.. We ought to use that money to buy a LB or a def midfielder..

Some would say that's a valid point.... Denayer must be feeling in a bit of a spot right now

I've been critical of him last year and if you had offered Otamendi with Mangala going out on loan last year I'd have bitten your hand off. But this season he seems more solid and less error prone and like he is actually settling into the role. And with Vinnie back to his best he couldn't ask for a better partner to play next to. Him playing well has probably given Pellegrini a serious headache but I do think sending him out on loan is a fucking stupid idea and one that could seriously piss him off and could mean the beginning of the end for him here.

Otemendi deal seems to be fuelled by the lack of Negredo money coming through, but i'd be surprised if Mangala was shipped out. However the board may see this as 3 top centre halves with Denayer as back up, MDM to cover midfield or be put out to grass. I feel sorry for Mangala at the mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.