Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign Otamendi and it means Denayer getting more game time on loan in a better league than Scotlnd then I am all for it. If Demi goes at the end of the season we will still be left with four quality centre halfs one of whom is very young

Glad he told city he wants to fight for his place and good on him, he was better than Kompany last year so he shouldn't just be automatically driven out because of a swanky new signing. He's started the season great, Otamendi is a defensive upgrade but he won't get in the team if Vinny and Mangala play like they have done at the start of the season every week. However I did see Otamendi against Barca last year and he done an excellent job against Messi, so if anything I think Otamendi will come in in the CL games.

Great to see the lad "Man up" after the stick he has had, also great to see him refuse a loan deal away. Pellers must have had a chat with him and explained the situation and he wants to fight. This is the kind of person we want in our team/squad

Doesn't sound bad. Sounds logical

It certainly does, we look set for years to come,

Maybe this is the plan,

Kompany - Otamendi ( Mangala to fill in when required ) Denayer on loan.

A couple of years down the line
Otamendi - Mangala ( Denayer to fill in as required ) hopefully an EDS lad out on loan.

4 or 5 years down the line.
Denayer and Mangala as first choice pairing.

How many teams/squads have grown old together and gone down hill quickly? MDM is 34, Vinney is 29, Otamendi I think is 27 then comes Mangala and at 24 and Denayer at just 20. As one goes another schooled replacement is ready to step up.There is our central defence for probably the next 6 years. With Stirling, KDB and the youngsters who have just made the squad there is half the team sorted for the next few years, and if you think we are not looking to do the same in all the positions, well I give up.

Duncan - 100% -Castles, revered by some on here, is mouthing off about Mangala being told to find another club in the summer.
http://www.oneworldsports.com/stories/eliaquim-mangala-assured-man-city-spot
Looks like, it was the case with Mangala.

As.com was reporting something similar, and stated that Pelle was the one who changed his mind about him... as he said the player in the summer, that if a new defender will be signed, he will have to fight for his place, or go to the bank...

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/08/18/primera/1439894885_586525.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.