Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right, from the little I've seen of Otamendi I tend to agree that he's less rash. When I think of a cultured centre back though I'd think a centre back that's a good footballer, something I don't see Otamendi as.
we've got one of them in MDM. Just hope we can hang on to him.

In reality Kompany should be the one to fear for his place. We need Mangala's pace when you defend such a high line as we do.

In reality Kompany should be the one to fear for his place. We need Mangala's pace when you defend such a high line as we do.

After his performances in the first three games Vinny will not be losing his place any time soon.

After his performances in the first three games Vinny will not be losing his place any time soon.

After three clean sheets on the bounce none of our back 4 should lose their place right now. They are all playing out of their skins. I’d go as far as saying every one of the back 4 is playing the best football we have seen from them individually (Kompany back to his best, the rest better than they ever have before) and as a group I can’t remember the last time we played three such solid games in a row.

Someone mentioned in the post-match thread that one of the papers (can't remember which one) gave Eli a 5, which is absolutely ridiculous, given his great performance yesterday.

I've been thinking about this and reckon that the 'journalist' was one of those who constantly slagged Mangala off last season and wants to justify his criticism, rather than admitting he was wrong.

Someone mentioned in the post-match thread that one of the papers (can't remember which one) gave Eli a 5, which is absolutely ridiculous, given his great performance yesterday.

I've been thinking about this and reckon that the 'journalist' was one of those who constantly slagged Mangala off last season and wants to justify his criticism, rather than admitting he was wrong.
Sky Sports gave him a 5 on their match review online.

The whole "Mangala was a flop" came from the media in the first place not City fans. He took a while to settle in and there was some stick but you could see from his first game that the talent was there and he's proved it in the last 6 months. Absolutely solid and at 24 he's just going to keep getting better

No, everyone should be fearing for their place. In fact Kompany has come out and said as much, which is one of the reasons for our solid start.
Right now though the back four are performing fantastically well and deserve our credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.