Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season we were open to the counter attack but with a new look Mangala no such thing, his disipline to get back after set pieces will nullify most teams wanting to hit us on the break.

Impressed with the lad so far this season, keep up the good work

Be unfair in the extreme if he gets dropped for Otamendi but I don't think Otamendi has been signed to sit on the bench.

He was excellent and graceful, got into challenges with no fear of been beaten or booked and I like that. Kompany was kinda cautious this afternoon. But pleased with the team.

Agreed. Some people would be more impressed if he ponced & arsed around on the ball more & constantly left people in space in the box, without making a decent challenge. Everton were struggling to get on the ball in our penalty area in spite of having a fucking humungous cf.
Watched Lukaku absolutely bully the Southampton defense last week, so I had my concerns about this week, he looked like a beast.
But Kompany and Mangala kept him relatively quiet - real credit to them.

Really enjoying Mangala's performances so far, i love it when our defenders totally nullify a striker. I remember Vince absolutely dominating Rooney time and time again, almost as satisfying as watching us score goals.

City have a lot of games to play. Rotation's necessary of course but I hope Pellegini manages to keep all of our centre halves happy bearing in mind we've kept clean sheets so far? A happy prospect and dilemma for a manager, I know.

Both Costa and Lukaku,two of the most aggressive,powerful forwards in the league,comfortably nullified - not bad for a headless chicken/player out of his depth;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.