Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think that we've made a deliberate decision to become more aggressive with the tackling, prepared to take the risk that we will concede dangerous free kicks and pick up bookings, perhaps a few red cards.

Vinny's reaction to being booked for that tackle on Costa last week was very cool. The commentators called that a needless booking but Vinny didnt seem remotely bothered. As if he was intent on giving Costa a message.

Mangala, Kompany and Fernandhino are collecting bookings that look a tad cynical. And I can't say that I'm disappointed with them.

Sorry, but both of those yellow cards were stupid. Kompany may have not reacted to that yellow but that didn't make it a stupid one to concede. If he wanted to send a message, he could do it in the way he already had. tackling him hard and getting physical. Giving away a yellow card when costa was running the ball into touch was just a stupid move, lapse in concentration.

Similarly, Manga's yellow yesterday was a stupid mistake, a small blemish on an otherwise great performance that shows that while he's improving leaps and bounds, he's still got a way to go to be up there with VK. He was also a little lucky on the disallowed goal, as it was only a close call because he missed the call to step up and only just recovered in time.

Another good performance, especially given the fact Lukaku gave him the runaround completely last season, but not perfect. I'm sure he'll continue to get better though.

As much as he's improved you can see that there's certain games where a more cultured defender in Otamendi will be more than welcome.

Kompany referred to setting traps for Chelsea then seeing them fall into them. Giving Costa a whack I think was one of them, likewise Fernandinho.

His bird and her mates stood behind me at the game yesterday, "fit as fuck"is what she said to me.

Kompany referred to setting traps for Chelsea then seeing them fall into them. Giving Costa a whack I think was one of them, likewise Fernandinho.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about us letting them have possession in useless areas, but pressing them hard as soon as they got into our half and cutting out the passes to dangerous players rather than chasing the ball, not making pointless soft fouls on players running out of play.

What do you mean by more cultured?

From what I've seen of Nico he seems a bit more assured in the tackle. He 's obviously aggressive but seems less prone to panicking/making rash challenges. It's to be expected considering he's 3 years further into his development.

I think Nico will be prefered against technical sides and in the CL.

From what I've seen of Nico he seems a bit more assured in the tackle. He 's obviously aggressive but seems less prone to panicking/making rash challenges. It's to be expected considering he's 3 years further into his development.

I think Nico will be prefered against technical sides and in the CL.

Ah right, from the little I've seen of Otamendi I tend to agree that he's less rash. When I think of a cultured centre back though I'd think a centre back that's a good footballer, something I don't see Otamendi as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.