Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon after a few more games Mangala and Otamendi will be as good a partnership as Mangala and Kompany. The main problem with all the combinations is that they have no time to play together before injury disrupts their rhythm.

Otamendi and Mangala played together at Porto I believe, it's not like its a new partnership.

He's a one man army at times. For large parts of the first half he was the only one who looked to be doing any defending. He makes the odd mistake here and there, but he covers up for all the other defenders so often and he doesn't get enough credit for that.

Good to have him back. He was assured in ways that Otamendi wasn't. Nailing down his starting spot.

Wow this guy is going to be something else. Another good performance and to think the manager was thinking of loaning him out!! I think sometimes he can look bad as he is covering up others mistakes. Pellers better not even think about dropping this guy! Welcome back son!!

He was outstanding against Newcastle. A solid mobile outfit. The new kid at Newcastle who I rate will not encounter a more difficult and obstinate opponent than Mangala.

He's hit and miss. Made one exceptional interception and then needlessly went gallivanting forward with the ball, we lost possession and he was miles out of position. For the goal he covers for Zabaleta but then just leaves Mitrovic to head in their goal.

As usual tho the high of winning makes people go overboard.

He's hit and miss. Made one exceptional interception and then needlessly went gallivanting forward with the ball, we lost possession and he was miles out of position. For the goal he covers for Zabaleta but then just leaves Mitrovic to head in their goal.

As usual tho the high of winning makes people go overboard.

Some truth in this but is there one CB in world football that doesnt have flaws and doesn't make mistakes? I'm not aware of one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.