Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt many of us would want to sell Eli, but I equally doubt many of us see Eli in a Champs League winning team.

And I doubt you'll find one person on here that would agree with your valuation of him.
The guys a class defender that will be one of the best in the world one day. I can't imagine many of us would agree with you at all on this mate.

I doubt many of us would want to sell Eli, but I equally doubt many of us see Eli in a Champs League winning team.
Why not? Our defence this season has looked even better with Mangala alongside Kompany than it does with Otamendi and Kompany.

Having quality CB's is a good problem to have. With the amount of games we end up playing, multiple tournaments, I think having the depth we have is important.

What a surprise, we get a huge and impressive win and someone tries to come up with a negative.

Why not? Our defence this season has looked even better with Mangala alongside Kompany than it does with Otamendi and Kompany.

Yep, that's why the majority of the goals we conceded this season came from Mangala's left side of the defence. Just ask Victor Moses and Glenn Murray, both granted time and space to pick out the bottom corner from 20 yards by that clown.

He's a shambles and that's why the coaching and technical staff at the club were willing to let him go to Valencia on loan.

Kompany hasn't been able to relax in the knowledge that his defensive partner won't go walk about since Lescott, so having Otamendi in the team is a godsend.

Otamendi is an aggressive defender, but his starting position is always deep and he attacks the ball in to out, whereas Mangala and Demichelis will literally run around in circles and leave huge gaps to be exploited in our defence. That's had a hugely detrimental effect on VK's game.
Kolarov's exposed far less with a proper defender who reads the game well next to him as well.

some of our best performances have been with Mangala in the side, he was CB at the start of the year when nobody could score past us

Mangala has been great this season imo but Kompany and Otamendi looks like a perfect fit. But it feels great to have such a good back up if Kompany or Otamendi picks up an injury.

Mangala has been great this season imo but Kompany and Otamendi looks like a perfect fit. But it feels great to have such a good back up if Kompany or Otamendi picks up an injury.

which with Kompany is almost inevitable at some point. All three will get plenty of game time this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.