Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no way is he worth the money we paid for him

This - sorry but I know he has his supporters on here but not only does he not appear to be PL quality I haven't seen any great improvement in him to say he is heading in the right direction. The Paris thing is for me a red herring - he's a professional ( just not a good one ) - lots of people who were in Paris went back to work on Monday or Tuesday, if he can't hack it he should pack it in. Players play within day, sometimes hours, of family bereavements and the like. It could be the size of the fee he can't cope with but again he's a pro and should just live with it.

I can understand his head may not have been right but why play him then??...regardless of today he is not good enough and never will be.

Don't buy into those who think he was poor today due to being left out for a while - he's a professional and what I witnessed today was one of the worst centre back performances I've seen since Spencer Prior! To be fair there were about half the team who played badly. Martin seems to have his bags ready to return to Argentina and didn't lead, Sagna and Kolarov showed their true colours when they are pressed - they don't retain the ball and panic. Fernando had a mare and Yaya is I'm afraid past his best. The manager didn't seem pleased, and I'm sure there would have been words especially with yaya when he was taken off - These people are paid huge sums of money to do the basics and work even when things are not going well. We really miss Silva that much is clear as he can deal with a high pressing game. Hats off to Klopp he just copied his playbook from the last time Dortmund played us.

This - sorry but I know he has his supporters on here but not only does he not appear to be PL quality I haven't seen any great improvement in him to say he is heading in the right direction. The Paris thing is for me a red herring - he's a professional ( just not a good one ) - lots of people who were in Paris went back to work on Monday or Tuesday, if he can't hack it he should pack it in. Players play within day, sometimes hours, of family bereavements and the like. It could be the size of the fee he can't cope with but again he's a pro and should just live with it.

hes had some good performances for us, but he's just not consistent enough is making basic errors that our costing us. without company in the team we look average at the back

I totally agree with karen, i come from a country where we have experienced many tragedies like paris and it does stays on your mind with all the newspapers and channels talking about it, most importantly when you realise the fact that innocent and young people like yourself have been killed in that manner really bothers you

Absolute bollocks, how does that account for him being wank since we signed him?

hes had some good performances for us, but he's just not consistent enough is making basic errors that our costing us. without company in the team we look average at the back
Honestly, we couldn't have tried much harder to make his time hear as difficult as possible and it's really not surprising he's not been consistent. Whenever he's been given a run of games, we've been excellent and he's been solid. Then we randomly drop him for a while or he gets injured for a bit then is kept out the team when he returns, then randomly throw him every now and again with mixed results. It's been an utterly shambolic way of treating such an expensive acquisition, we've handled him so badly.

Not good enough at all but Pellegrini should have put him out of his misery after half an hour.

Otamendi not playing is an absolute disgrace too. He's been a monster recently and came off the back of 2 top performances for Argentina.

Good against a stationary battleram of a ST but against any kind of movement and pressure on him his woeful positional sense and composure on the ball is exposed.

Compounded by playing alongside Demichelis and behind the most immobile CM 2 I've ever seen, and in Fernando a player who is and will only ever be a holding DM. Asking him to build attacks in a CM 2 is to be completely clueless as to what he is capable of. Fernando wasn't shit last season because of injury, that's his own excuse, the reason is simply he was asked to play CM rather than DM behind 2 others.

It's the same shit as last year with Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.