Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of protection from midfield doesn't help our CB's.

Nor does the high line with the fullbacks bombing up front every time we have the ball.

The lack of protection from midfield doesn't help our CB's.

Nor does the high line with the fullbacks bombing up front every time we have the ball.

This was a common defence of Mangala last year, but trurth we have seen how much more solid we look when Kompany (and lately Otamendi) is playing. As a fan, you are always somewhat on tenterhooks when the ball goes near Mangala.

Unlike others, I am not writing him off, but for now it remains a big gamble playing him without a very strong central defence partner - which unfortunately MDM is no longer.

I would play him left back against juventus, good be a good position for him in certain games
Not with Kompany out. Mangala had a bad game, but Demichelis has just been wretched all season, I'd be loathe to play him at CB if there was literally any alternative

Spot on this

It's a painfully reality but we must wake up to the fact that he is a very limited player both on the ball and positionally.

He is now third our third choice centre half , he will be gone in the summer for less than half what we paid for him. shocking piece of business by the player recruitment team respnsible. apparently his scouting reports highlighted his deficiencies according to rat boys gimp brother.

We will also need a long term replacement for Vinny in the next couple of years , we will have to get the next one right, someone proven at the highest level , not some unpolished diamond that turns out to be a turd
A very accurate summation by A. I now feel sorry for they guy. The price we paid was not his fault but someone in the Club screwed up big time and wasted more of the sheiks funds (also see Bony,Jovetic and currently Stirling). We may have an immensely wealthy owner but surely someone has to answer for so many bad scouting calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.