Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very true Nelly, I'm not privy to who is making these calls regarding who we buy and for how much but I really thought the days of over spending on average players was behind us, unfortunately it seems we keep on being taken for a ride time and time again.
I can almost understand overpaying for Sterling due to the pressure around having prominent English names in the squad but the other players mentioned above leave me baffled.
I thought we had seen, baring the odd exception, the worst rips offs under the Hughes regime with the like of RSC, Kolo, Adebayor, Ben Haim amongst others but somebody really needs to be held to account for what we spend unjustifiable funds on.
I also can't fathom why we can't give some of of younger players some game time, this will only improve them.
We are short at striker, centre half, full back and central midfield. We've a lot of ageing injury prone players on huge wages, this season will be a challenge, those thinking Kun, Silva and Kompany can lead us to another title are in cloud cookoo land, seeing as it's highly unlikely they will be fit enough throughout the remainder of the season.

I await the cavalry to come at me with guns blazing but that's how I see it.

Last edited:
I can't see anything from Mangala that convinces me that he offers more than Denayer. Surely Denayer will be back with us and Mangala will go out.

Apart from his absolute train wreck of a performance on Saturday, I thought Mangala was having a good season and was looking bang in form when he was replaced in the team by Kompany, was such a big step backwards for him that game last week.

Let's hope if he does play against Juventus he is switched on mentally, and the performance on Saturday and Paris killings aren't playing on his mind? I think it was just Sagna that was actually in the French squad during the Paris terrorist attacks.

Let's hope if he does play against Juventus he is switched on mentally, and the performance on Saturday and Paris killings aren't playing on his mind? I think it was just Sagna that was actually in the French squad during the Paris terrorist attacks.

Manga was an unused sub.

What we lacked on Sunday was a leader at the back...pure and simple. One was injured, the other mysteriously on the bench.

Doubt it would've influenced the result but I am sure the midfield and fullbacks would've been able to concentrate fully on their own job instead of a further one or two extra.

I only hope that the next misplaced pass Eliaquim makes isn't greeted with moans.

He's only a kid and needs support not 50,000 people barracking him.

What we lacked on Sunday was a leader at the back...pure and simple. One was injured, the other mysteriously on the bench.

Doubt it would've influenced the result but I am sure the midfield and fullbacks would've been able to concentrate fully on their own job instead of a further one or two extra.

I only hope that the next misplaced pass Eliaquim makes isn't greeted with moans.

I like him, but he's no longer a kid, he's a 24 year old, and yes he's put in some very good performances this season, but he's also put in some disastrous ones too. His concentration has to improve.

Better leave it quite a while before you do misplace one Manga would be my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.