Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out injured tomorrow hope it's nothing serious. Demi as lost it this season lost his legs should've kept denayer

I refuse to accept that our players are technically inferior to Liverpools, it just isn't true. We lost the game because Yaya cannot play in a two man midfield against a team who presses. Added to that we had two players in central defence having their first start in a long while. The problem today was the starting 11 and the tactics, and that is all down to Pellegrini. .
I know lots of folks like to believe this, and perhaps they are right, but when I say 'technical' I'm really talking about comfortability on the ball. And in that respect, Liverpool were far superior in this game and generally had more players who could pass the ball and stay comfortable with it. We had fewer today. Kolarov, Mang and to a lesser extent Sterling are not at their best in intricate passing situations.

I know lots of folks like to believe this, and perhaps they are right, but when I say 'technical' I'm really talking about comfortability on the ball. And in that respect, Liverpool were far superior in this game and generally had more players who could pass the ball and stay comfortable with it. We had fewer today. Kolarov, Mang and to a lesser extent Sterling are not at their best in intricate passing situations.
I don't think it's even down to that, it's that they press better as a team so our players were tested technically while theirs weren't. It's our pressing game versus their technical game, while their pressing game is against our technical game. And we came up well short. You can't tell me people like Skrtel, Lovren and Milner are owt special with the ball, they just weren't under any pressure

I don't think it's even down to that, it's that they press better as a team so our players were tested technically while theirs weren't. It's our pressing game versus their technical game, while their pressing game is against our technical game. And we came up well short. You can't tell me people like Skrtel, Lovren and Milner are owt special with the ball, they just weren't under any pressure
This too is a great description. We need to ris ourselves of players who can't play the pressing game. That unfortunately starts with Yaya and Bony if we are being honest.

Elia confirmed on his twitter that he's out injured tonight.

Looks like Demi and Otto then...

Demi nearly cost us the game in Mönchengladbach and was dreadful at the weekend, just hope we can quell Morata tonight. Their other forwards don't seem to offer as much of a threat pace wise for Demi.

Elia confirmed on his twitter that he's out injured tonight.

Looks like Demi and Otto then...

Demi nearly cost us the game in Mönchengladbach and was dreadful at the weekend, just hope we can quell Morata tonight. Their other forwards don't seem to offer as much of a threat pace wise for Demi.

Didn't indicate how long he will be out for?

According to MP he and VK are out for Southampton as well.

Seems we get at least two new injuries per week these days.

I feel I am certainly in the minority here but until the LIVERPOOL (not fucking spurs) match I thought Mangala had been doing fine. He was terrible in that match, but before I don't remember having many complaints.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.