Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was bought as a squad player though? I'd say he's better than the Lampard we had towards the end. The notion he's better than a Yaya at his peak is nonsense as there's not many players on the planet who could lay claim to that. He's probably not as good as DeJong either but that still doesn't really matter as Dejong very much bought as a first team player.
I can see him scoring 5 or more goals in a season yes. Likening him to having Dickov in midfield kinda makes the rest of your opinion a bit sketchy to say the least.
My head hurts even more but I'm sure a paracetamol will sort it.

Well time will tell. At 8 million it is not a huge risk.

Not knocking him - seems a decent lad. Just don't think he is a top drawer player. Hope I am wrong. Will always get behind him while he plays for us. Cheers for the dick reference!

It was well deserved so you're welcome. There's no need for the negative attitude you portray towards Delph, who fucking cares if he'd get into the Bayern team, we're Manchester City, not Bayern. Is he good enough to walk into our team, absolutely. We'll be a far better team with people of his attitude and desire.

It was well deserved so you're welcome. There's no need for the negative attitude you portray towards Delph, who fucking cares if he'd get into the Bayern team, we're Manchester City, not Bayern. Is he good enough to walk into our team, absolutely. We'll be a far better team with people of his attitude and desire.
A team game is all about balance,mixing ability graft and desire,not every player can be a technically good as Silva but Delph brings a good balace to the team with his energy and desire and his abilty on the ball is a lot better than some clowns on here give him credit for,ignore the bakes chief he will prove to be a very astute signing.

A team game is all about balance,mixing ability graft and desire,not every player can be a technically good as Silva but Delph brings a good balace to the team with his energy and desire and his abilty on the ball is a lot better than some clowns on here give him credit for,ignore the bakes chief he will prove to be a very astute signing.

Make him captain when Vinny isnt playing at least vice when he is. Yesterday was the 1st time in absolutely ages that i seen a player of ours HAVIN IT with the opposition, albeit a bit late in the game lol..No doubt MP will fine him for being to aggressive.

edit,just seen he is only 26 ffs, fantastic bargain and defo captain material..he wont go missing neither like some of the other shitbags and he has a great grounding.

Last edited:
Delph is going to prove an absolute snip at the price we paid for him. Such an exciting player to have in the midfield, full of energy and tenacity.

Silva is the best player I've ever seen at City, but a team of 10 Silvas would get beaten everyone by 10 Delphs. All teams need 'watercarriers', We need energy as well as skill and Yaya and Silva for all their skill do not have the energy we are currently lacking. We love Zaba, not because of his skill (although he does have some) but because of his energy and commitment. Which Delph is currently showing in his cameos.

We need a 3rd player with similar attributes to Delph & Fernandinho imo. Then against anyone decent, we play a form of 433 with at least two, maybe all 3 in the midfield, but at least two looking after Yaya if he plays. Then over time we see if Delph is of the required quality & if not, we sign someone better but with the same pace & work ethic.

So far, he looks like being exactly what we need but the test comes over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.