Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about it! Why the hell would we ask questions of a new signing that are akin to throwing him under a bus, we didn't ask him that for the same reason we didn't ask sterling if Rodgers was a twat , it's because as a club we have a bit of class, because we don't want to piss off selling clubs unnecessarily and don't want unnecessary upset for new signings.

Had he asked the questions suggested he may have been fired thankfully we are more professional. I suspect as far as city are concerned last week didn't happen and I expect u turns happen all the time but we rarely hear of them if handled well

I assume you quoted my post by mistake? I never suggested he should have asked Delph any tricky questions or throw him under the bus. I was merely making the point that the interviewer is a bit out of his depth. His questions are banal and he's got about as much charisma as a tax return.

Yes I was replying to the last in the thread that's all, I think they are best kept to the banal, our main interviewer will be in aus now

He comes across as a great guy and a good sense of humour.. all very important in the dressing room.. Good luck to him ..
He comes across old for his age, you see raheem and you see a little kid, delph seems much older and pretty level headed.

It takes a hell of a lot of bottle to do a u turn like he did so I take at face value The reasons given

Pissing the rag loving dogging twat off is worth every penny..

He fucked up listening to people last time we were in for him when he moved to Villa, looks like he didn't want to make the same mistake again..
welcome Fabian..

Delph would've been out of contract this summer, and thus able to leave for nothing. To prevent Villa losing out financially he agreed to sign a new deal so that they would get something. His only stipulation was that if a CL team came in for him, so that he could progress his career, he could go for £8m. That wasn't Villa's choice - they only agreed to prevent losing him for nothing. We just took advantage of that.

Really, just really? You know that as a fact?

Really, just really? You know that as a fact?

Only Delph and the agents and lawyers involved in the negotiations would know that as a fact. However the £8 million release clause for CL clubs has been widely reported by plenty of credible media outlets (think it was broken by a local journo with excellent contacts at Villa, tho forget his name).

And lo ... yesterday he joins CL club City for precisely £8M.

8 million is a brilliant fee for him. Mind you he is only 25 so in his prime.

8 million is a brilliant fee for him. Mind you he is only 25 so in his prime.
Exactly the same age as Schneiderlin but cost a third of the price,although slightly different in style,both would have been employed similarly in our team.

I have to be honest and say,at the start of the window,the new Rag would have been my preference,however,i believe we have acquired an excellent midfielder at a bargain price and one that is probably perfect for the squad role he will occupy.

Well done Txiki,as someone said earlier.....to sign two England Internationals,with their best years ahead of them,for a combined 52m.......is simply fantastic and awesome business by our club.

Here this one. I've got the same bet on and just been online into my account to check it and guess what I saw? 33-1 to sign Sterling, Pogba, De Bruyne and some fucker called Barthel!! Obviously when I've rang up to place the bet they've misheard Fabian Delph?!

Anyway spoke to live chat support and someone is going to go through quality call checks tomorrow to see what was recorded, suffice to say I'd be slightly pissed off if I didn't get the winnings because we didn't sign Barthel..

I think the operator heard Fabian and has put down Bartez, the baldy Scum keeper from
the mid naughties. I would expect longer odds than 33-1 for him joining as he retired in 2007!

I think this guy will exceed most blues expectations. From what I have seen of Delph over the last couple of seasons, his high energy game and pressing will give us something extra in defensive midfield. Look forward to seeing him play with Fernandinho. Good signing for £8m. Think it will look an amazing signing in a years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.