Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

Pretty solid.

Lampard was clearly not match fit, but I thought he did alright. A few brilliant passes and a real calming influence on the ball. Nothing spectacular, but he did well.

I thought we looked more solid when he was on the pitch and both goals actually came after he was substituted.

He's so experienced in this league and will be an asset until January.

Zabbasbeard said:
He looked off the pace which is understandable given it being his first game but he played one lovely pass out to the left and set off Milner for his one-two with SIlva. He should play v Sheff Wed to help him get back up to speed, but I can't see him being much more than a sub for us while he is here.

I certainly think he'll start a few games, maybe more Capital One than Premier league, but I certainly could see him starting against Hull and with all due respect, the lesser sides in the league.

Lampard is a class act. Plain and simple. Saturday might not have been the best game he has ever played but it takes time to settle in at a new club. He wont be the first name on the team sheet but when he does play he will do well and is a good addition to the squad.

Aspers Matt said:
Lampard is a class act. Plain and simple. Saturday might not have been the best game he has ever played but it takes time to settle in at a new club. He wont be the first name on the team sheet but when he does play he will do well and is a good addition to the squad.
Carling cup is his fit really. Thrown in at the weekend, didn't by any means disgrace himself but I'd say he's a twenty to thirty minute player at our level now.

I;m gonna put my tin hat firmly on and say i was slightly embarassed/confused/worried when i heard he was starting. He may well have been a class act once but i thought he was finished a couple of seasons ago;
I can sort of see the champs league angle but the cut and thrust, high octane prem style is too much for him to be anything other than a luxury.
I don't like to slag City players off, and i hope i'm proved wrong, but Lampard doesn't do it for me.

stonerblue said:
I;m gonna put my tin hat firmly on and say i was slightly embarassed/confused/worried when i heard he was starting. He may well have been a class act once but i thought he was finished a couple of seasons ago;
I can sort of see the champs league angle but the cut and thrust, high octane prem style is too much for him to be anything other than a luxury.
I don't like to slag City players off, and i hope i'm proved wrong, but Lampard doesn't do it for me.
I agree with this. Lampard is very much a League Cup player for me. He was constantly behind the pace of the game and it's more to do with his age than settling into a new club.

He's nowhere near it for our style of play now - we need dynamic, athletic midfielders like Fernando and Fernandinho. City have seen an opportunity to use him a stop-gap but I expect a couple of massive signings next summer, one being a centre-mid ... By the way was Zucullini's loan a full season or is he coming back in January, if Yaya buggers off to African cup we're going to be stretched ....

He doesn't have the legs to be playing in a 2 man midfield, not against the bigger teams anyway.

I'd like to see him employed just behind the striker, probably from the bench when winning to give Silva a rest.

Something like

...........Fernando....Fernandinho
Navas..........................................Milner
...................Lampard
...................Dzeko

stonerblue said:

Very much in the mould of when Mancini brought in Viera as a player. There's something to be said for guys who have that much experience both in the PL and the CL but I do see where you're coming from.

Didn't think he was great at all against Arsenal, but probably wasn't the game to throw him in due to the intensity in the first 20/30 minutes.

For me Viera offered something to a squad near-devoid of experience. In my mind Milner, Toure, Nasri etc all offer something more than Lampard. I'd rather see a kid step up at times, than someone here that just doesn't offer something clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.