Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

]
Didsbury Dave said:
Pellegrini doesn't fully understand the premier league. Despite the fact that he won it at the first attempt.

Yeah, but when he's worked it out we'll be awesome

There was a couple of times yesterday when he swept the ball out wide in a Chelsea manner and I liked that.
Due to his age and the shortness of his stay there is little chance of him adapting his style to ours but that is a positive I think.
Us and Chelsea vary in how we use possession and its good to throw something a bit different in there and mix things up a bit.
I recall one pass to Clichy where Gael was almost startled to receive it.

He was playing fine, the reason he got yanked off at the half was because he got booked for a professional foul and it was likely he would need to do it again in the second half.

Only reason were doing this is because of NYCFC they want his fitness levels at the top level when playing March 2015.Rather have a EDS Player or Milner play in the center than a old slow dude who can only bring experience to the squad.

Yes he played fine. It was a good decision up commit the professional foul rather than let his man get away. His fitness is t there yet but his experience and calming presence in big games will help us.

I thought he did well, although he looked a little nervous at the start..

He is not match fit yet, so it will be a few more weeks before the see the best of him..

BufordUSABlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Pellegrini doesn't fully understand the premier league. Despite the fact that he won it at the first attempt.

This might actually be the daftest comment I've ever read on here.

+1 - "unbelievable Jeff" !!

He didn't win it at his 1st attempt,dippers lost it at their 20th . ;)

Thought he played 'okay'.

He was never going to be the best player in the team, but he adds some depth and will prove his worth in the champions league (hopefully).

He looked off the pace which is understandable given it being his first game but he played one lovely pass out to the left and set off Milner for his one-two with SIlva. He should play v Sheff Wed to help him get back up to speed, but I can't see him being much more than a sub for us while he is here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.