Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

I have to laugh at people writing off Frank Lampard after half a game.

We were playing one of the best midfields in the league and Frank had had no chance to get match fit!

MCFC4EVR said:
bluechampion7891 said:
LoveCity said:
If Lampard and Yaya's departures overlap, we really are in trouble.

Putting aside the complications of four top quality midfielders wanting game time, one January signing springs to mind. Homegrown eligible (very important), slightly disgruntled at his club, and has shown himself to be a pretty high level player.

Morgan-Schneiderlin.jpeg

i agree with schneiderlin, although if there are no restrictions id say just get pogba (add in nastasic as a sweetner) in jan and be done with it.
Can't see Juve selling if they're still in the champions league

money always helps and his agent can stir it up especially if pogba doesnt sign a new deal soon (although its impending). city if they are serious about him should really contact his agent and get things in motion

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
bluechampion7891 said:
top quality CM in january or we are f*****. although milner did surprisingly well today, i think he'd struggle to be creative enough against the bottom sides or defensively sound against team like chelsea wh have muscle and power there

James Milner is a central midfielder, and was awesome I thought when he was moved into that position today.

Not sure our manager still fully understands the Premier League, how did he think he would get away with playing Lampard and Fernandino in a midfield two, against their midfield three.

Arsenal were there for the taking and we missed out. Chelsea won't thats for sure.

he did an amazing job (he had a blinder tbh), agreed, but part of that reason was that firstly his main responsibility was to break up attacks and he was playing against an attacking side so the onus of the creative work was carried out by our front 4 very successfully. His distribution was OK but not great.

Against teams that park the bus though, IMO he isn't creative enough to play as a CM (we saw that last year against Norwich away). As an emergency CM, he is fine for 1 or 2 games, anything longer and we are in trouble

Didsbury Dave said:
Pellegrini doesn't fully understand the premier league. Despite the fact that he won it at the first attempt.

This might actually be the daftest comment I've ever read on here.

Hahaha, not read full thread so at first thought you were commenting with the first line of your post!

You need to use quotes or at least put it in speech marks.

Didsbury Dave said:
Pellegrini doesn't fully understand the premier league. Despite the fact that he won it at the first attempt.

Obviously didn't see "Fernandinho is a championship player", yesterday then?

Barcon said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Obviously didn't see "Fernandinho is a championship player", yesterday then?

We should have a "Hall of Shame" thread on here (carefully vetted by a sensible monitor - not so fast there, Bob) for non-wumming examples of top drawer stupidity, and whoever came up with that dog turd flavoured nugget, should be its first entry......

OB1 said:
Kun Aguero said:
Only me that thought he played well yesterday?

I thought he did ok. Didn't see a lot of the ball but played one sublime pass out to the left wing.
Apart from that he looked like a fish out of water, although, in fairness, that was a tough baptism against a twelve man Arsenal.

I'd rather a youth player got given a chance and looked out of depth than watch the 36 year old Lampard do it. It's harsh to judge him after one game but I feel we're only really doing this as a favour to NYCFC. He brings nothing but experience to this squad.

Kippaxman said:
Kun Aguero said:
Only me that thought he played well yesterday?
Nope, me too. Shows how deep our squad is in quality with Yaya, Nando, Jovetic, Mangala out. Played brill, should've took all 3 points away on a better day but we are still brilliant. Great match, well done the fans who travelled, I heard you throughout the match.

Also thought that Frank played well yesterday and Milner would have been my MOTM but Vinnie suddenly came back to his own in the second half so he edged it!!

I loved singing; "Samir Nasri, he's won the league twice" when their stupid fans were booing him as he warmed up!!

I recorded the match and have just finished watching it (I really do have a life honestly) and that monotone ex-rag, ex-Newcastle, ex-Liverpool fool Owen said "He has a smirk on his face"!!! Does that personage not realise that our Samir ALWAYS has a smile on his face, except when the opposition players are kicking heck out of him!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.