Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

Disappointed in the decision. I think its short sighted, and casts real doubt on the credibility of the CFG project.

I also wouldn't be surprised if MLS/UEFA look at their rules to stop this sort of thing happening again. That could cost us in the future.

At least the decision has been made, and everyone can move on from there as they see fit. Bit snide to bury the bad news on NYE though.

Re: Frank Lampard

M18CTID said:
cleavers said:
M18CTID said:
Great news but I wonder how this will go down with NYCFC and the MLS - I'm sure things will have been smoothed over with them with assurances that this is a one-off.
I'll be perfectly honest, I couldn't give a f**k.

I tend to agree but our owner has made a serious commitment to the MLS and I don't want us to be seen to be taking the piss. As it happens, I don't think we are and this is purely down to Lampard far exceeding expectations so far this season which has led to us extending his loan. If he'd been dog shit, I'm sure he would've been on the first flight out to New York in the new year!
Maybe its just down to Lampard himself, wanting to prove he is still worth a place in the PL ? I hope he's rewarded with another title, and if that happens, then I think the MLS are getting a far better deal by signing a player direct from the PL champions.

At the end of the day the Premier League is far more important than the MLS.

It really isn't all that difficult to get your head around.

cleavers said:
moomba said:
Disappointed in the decision. I think its short sighted, and casts real doubt on the credibility of the CFG project.
I'm not, I don't support CFG, I support Manchester City FC, call me short sighted if you want.

I'm talking about the decision, not any supporter.

Can't wait to see Wenger, Mourinho, Cundy and the media self combust

blue underpants said:
Can't wait to see Wenger, Mourinho, Cundy and the media self combust
me too.absolute meltdown awaits us tomorrow

Whether you care about it or not, this is awful for NYCFC. Undermines them as a independent entity before they even exist. It's a prick move objectively I think, and I think a compromise of keeping him for the length of Afcon would have been the better arrangement for both sides. Where as this solely suits us. Got to be really careful how they step with NYCFC now because fans could easily turn away from them.

K-Bo said:
Whether you care about it or not, this is awful for NYCFC. Undermines them as a independent entity before they even exist. It's a prick move objectively I think, and I think a compromise of keeping him for the length of Afcon would have been the better arrangement for both sides. Where as this solely suits us. Got to be really careful how they step with NYCFC now because fans could easily turn away from them.

What do you expect? We're cunts that have been ruining football since we were shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.