Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

K-Bo said:
Whether you care about it or not, this is awful for NYCFC. Undermines them as a independent entity before they even exist. It's a prick move objectively I think, and I think a compromise of keeping him for the length of Afcon would have been the better arrangement for both sides. Where as this solely suits us. Got to be really careful how they step with NYCFC now because fans could easily turn away from them.

Not remotely bothered about NYCFC or the MLS.

Good move by our club and I'm sure that Frank's absolutely delighted.

K-Bo said:
Got to be really careful how they step with NYCFC now because fans could easily turn away from them.
Having never kicked a football in anger, they don't yet have any "fans" in the real sense of the word, if a few that support other clubs, throw their toys out of the pram over it, then they're not the sort of fans NYCFC wanted anyway.

Those that can see the bigger picture, and continue to support this fledgling club, are the ones they really need, because they will still be with them through thick and thin.

Good news. I didn't expect to him to stay for the remainder of the season.

They have a poll going on right now on their forum; 'What's worse. Kit or Lampard? ' currently stands at 0-100 Lol!

cleavers said:
K-Bo said:
Got to be really careful how they step with NYCFC now because fans could easily turn away from them.
Having never kicked a football in anger, they don't yet have any "fans" in the real sense of the word, if a few that support other clubs, throw their toys out of the pram over it, then they're not the sort of fans NYCFC wanted anyway.

Those that can see the bigger picture, and continue to support this fledgling club, are the ones they really need, because they will still be with them through thick and thin.

Sure but there's history of the MLS of this kind of thing, Chivas USA etc.. With foreign clubs setting up MLS franchises and then trying to use them for their own means. And it was really important to at least present the illusion that NYCFC are not a team that will defer to us, which it looks like they will. I'm sure they'll get in another DP to smooth things over, probably Sneijder, but its not great for them.

Have to remember they're trying to start a team from scratch. Don't have a pre-existing fanbase, which means people have to be won over. This isn't the way to do it.

For us it's fantastic lol.

Good.

The NYCFC fans will just have to be patient. They were never anything but a junior partner. The ones who didn't understand this will move on, but ultimately it doesn't matter in the long-term. The sheikh and Khaldoon know where they're going, anyone who wants to come along for the ride is welcome. Anyone who wants to fuck off can do so. When we get to the top, we'll wave down to you.

Feel for NYCFC a little bit, but at the end of the day it's up to the player and the people in high places. You can't really blame him for wanting to finish the season here, he's having a great time, made loads of new mates and will be fighting for 3 trophies.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Feel for NYCFC a little bit, but at the end of the day it's up to the player and the people in high places. You can't really blame him for wanting to finish the season here, he's having a great time, made loads of new mates and will be fighting for 3 trophies.

You shouldn't feel sorry for them. They will still get to see quality players going to their club in the next couple of seasons.

moomba said:
cleavers said:
moomba said:
Disappointed in the decision. I think its short sighted, and casts real doubt on the credibility of the CFG project.
I'm not, I don't support CFG, I support Manchester City FC, call me short sighted if you want.

I'm talking about the decision, not any supporter.
The Decision was Lampards and we all know contract are worth fcuk all! personally he should of gone but Lampard wants to stay and city wanted him to so deal was done and contracts ripped up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.