Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

Blue Smarties said:
NYCFC forum is a hoot tonight. Personal favourite so far:

I was so ready to love this club, but it's not even a real team at this point.

Bellend.

Howling.

Well he's correct, I don't think you can be a real team until you kick a ball. I get their disappointment I really do, and I would of understood the reasoning for not letting us keep Lampard (as it does screw NYCFC) but, as a city fan, fuck that I want Lampard here to help us win the title and think this is great news.

This could be a blessing in disguise for NYCFC. Might clear out some of the idiot fans and leave those who genuinely want to support their new team on a long journey...anyone sane could see that they need to start slow and steady...Lampard joining late is no disaster in the longterm.

TonyM said:
This could be a blessing in disguise for NYCFC. Might clear out some of the idiot fans and leave those who genuinely want to support their new team on a long journey...anyone sane could see that they need to start slow and steady...Lampard joining late is no disaster in the longterm.

I said that on their forum, the response I got was:

You're really missing the point aren't you? It's not the loss of the player. Fuck Frank Lampard. It's what this says about our club and ownership.

They're worryingly short-sighted.

NYCFC fans - who did they support before they were set up? Were they football fans before or did they have no interest in football and if they did, why didn't they support the other football team in New York?

117 M34 said:
NYCFC fans - who did they support before they were set up? Were they football fans before or did they have no interest in football and if they did, why didn't they support the other football team in New York?

Which other team in New York?

117 M34 said:

Apparently they were pining for a "real" NYC team to support, but this Lampard malarky means it can't be City, shame really. Who needs enemies when you have friends like that?

<a class="postlink" href="http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/i-dont-want-lampard-to-organize-a-petition.1803/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?thread ... tion.1803/</a>

NYCFC forum

I Don't Want Lampard : To Organize A Petition !!!

They're not happy! I've got to say, the posts makes the average Bluemooner look like George Bernard Shaw....

"Who don't respect the NYCFC don't deserves to play in it. I hope that TR group will organize a petition to haven't this infamous in our team !!! !

"Don't wait on TR they have to many people they have to talk to before they can actually do something you want something done start it yourself. I want Lombard of the team, I don't want him to ever come here, and if he does WE as fans need to let him know he isn't welcomed."

"surely Lampard knows he is not welcome here anymore - it's better for both parties to just go their separate ways; we get our DP spot back and the baby gets his bottle!

"Protest in union sq"

Well it turns out he was never a NYCFC player in the first place and that he signed a 1-year deal with City with a break clause due tonight. Said break clause has simply been changed and he remains a City player until next summer.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/550417907021512704" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/stat ... 7021512704</a>

But it's a good exercise to weed out out the fickle plastic NYCFC fans who are only there for names, not the team.

Puppet Master Silva said:
TonyM said:

I said that on their forum, the response I got was:

You're really missing the point aren't you? It's not the loss of the player. Fuck Frank Lampard. It's what this says about our club and ownership.

They're worryingly short-sighted.
They are New Yorkers I suppose. I lived near Boston for 9 years and I never really got why they hated New Yorkers so much. I just thought they were all the same. But after being on their forum for a bit I was amazed by the attitude (with not a player signed or ball kicked). I wonder if they realize that they'll struggle in their first few years regardless of who they have?

Hopefully once they suffer some adversity they'll gain some perspective.

Well this will be entertaining. So we have "fans" of a club that has only just formed moaning about it. No doubt we will have Wenger and Jose piping up saying it's us avoiding FFP and all that other bollocks. Personally I don't give a fuck about NYC and only care about CIty so this is great news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.