Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

m7mcfc said:
Frank is now a traitor according to (some) Chelsea fans.

How can a player who was dumped be a traitor? fucking plastic wankers.

The gift that keeps giving;-)

moomba said:
Disappointed in the decision. I think its short sighted, and casts real doubt on the credibility of the CFG project.

I also wouldn't be surprised if MLS/UEFA look at their rules to stop this sort of thing happening again. That could cost us in the future.

At least the decision has been made, and everyone can move on from there as they see fit. Bit snide to bury the bad news on NYE though.
Hahahahahaha.

Also seems I called Soriano's mood correctly and EalingBlue, I told you so.

EalingBlue2 said:
Damocles said:
moomba said:
I'm talking about the decision, not any supporter.

Because as I said earlier, your entire picture of what the CFG project is is just wrong.

It's a collection of clubs working together for the whole. At the moment, having Lamopard help one win the most prestigious league in the world is more important than having him as the second Designated Player for a MLS season. You're thinking in such tiny terms, CFG is about the next 50 years not the next 50 days. NYCFC will get their benefits but the facts of the matter is that Lampard was needed more at City than New York so that's where he went.

I don't think anyone thinks he is needed more here than NY, they have judged though that 1% difference in Manchester is bigger in impact than 10 or 20% impact at NY I suspect also a new deal will come for NY with the third marquee spot that they know about but not the fans that can offset this
You never let me down. Every time I see your post, I know you'll be taping crap.
Your first three words would have been quite sufficient here.

The perfect fumble said:
Neville Kneville said:
The perfect fumble said:
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/lets-stick-together-even-without-lampard.1807/

Let's Stick Together, Even Without Lampard

Most of you know me by now but if not, I'm a Man City fan from NOLA. I started following NYCFC through the Man City account and I got very excited for what this club could mean for US Soccer, MLS, etc.

Like most of you, I feel duped, embarrassed and angry. I've been on here and on twitter telling people how great this would be, how different this would be from failed experiments like Chivas USA, how we weren't a feeder club, etc. For a while this afternoon, I wondered whether I should even stay rooting for NYCFC.

People come to start rooting for sports teams for many reasons. There was a hashtag going around earlier today about why you started rooting for NYCFC. Maybe you came because they were a team in New York City. maybe you came because they were a Manchester City affiliate. Maybe you came because you just hated the Red Bulls name. Whatever.

But when people asked why we supported a team that had never played, they had a point. Those are all good reasons to start rooting for a team, but not very good reasons to stay rooting for a team. The location, the crest, the kit, the owners, the players, the coaches, etc. can all change like that. Why do people stay rooting?

Well, in my experience, it's because of the community that builds around a team. People say fans root for laundry, but that's never true. People root for a team because their friend, their father, their co-workers all as one live and die with the fortunes of a team. That communal experience in a world where people rarely leave their house or look up from their phone is so rare, so precious. That's what drives fans to stick through thick and thin with a team, regardless of the team's fortunes.

I decided this afternoon to stick with NYCFC not because of any more naivety about the club but because of the community of awesome people who loved NYCFC that I've been fortunate enough to interact with here. I've had a blast on here since March, and I couldn't imagine ditching this.

I get some people are angry and want to dump their season tickets. I understand completely, and wish you well with no ill feeling. But I hope you stay. For so long, we've been called Plastic. Now's a chance to prove them wrong. Let's stick together, despite the abuse and jokes that are coming our way.

We don't need Frank Lampard or Manchester City or MLS to create an incredible community of fans; we've done it without them already, right here. And this community is worth keeping. So please, stick around.

MikeDatTiger, Today at 6:06 PM

What a great post from a true fan

True fan of what exactly ?

Surely the team has to start playing, then the club evolves, then those who stick with it over time, EVENTUALLY BECOME, true fans ?

Or perhaps it's like the Spice Girls ? You just hear about an idea & even before the first song comes out, hey presto, you are a 'true fan' ?

RAWK Loons piss on us for having no "istory".

So it's OK for us to do it to clubs that actually have none?
In a word. Yes.

Fucking silly question really.

He will miss around 8 weeks of the MLS season.

The City Football Group is for the benefit of the entire Group - New York City will benefit if Lampard goes there as a Premier League title winner, and of course the entire group will be better off if that happens.

Marvin said:
He will miss around 8 weeks of the MLS season.

The City Football Group is for the benefit of the entire Group - New York City will benefit if Lampard goes there as a Premier League title winner, and of course the entire group will be better off if that happens.
The City football group is for the benefit of City first and foremost buddy.

Steve Bates of the Sunday People just said on BBC that Chelsea wouldn't have been so quick to sell him if they'd know he'd be going to one of their title rivals. These feckers will twist anything to suit their M.O.

Steve Bates on BBC Breakfast just now saying it's legal and perfectly above board, then goes on to say it's 'sharp practice' which is defined as dishonest or barely honest dealings. The two presenters are saying '..so what?' but Bates doesn't want to blame Frank, but does blame City. They twats haven't had much to say about us lately, but now they can turn the negative headlines on again. Fuck them.

FantasyIreland said:
m7mcfc said:
Frank is now a traitor according to (some) Chelsea fans.

How can a player who was dumped be a traitor? fucking plastic wankers.

The gift that keeps giving;-)

According to some so called football expert on BBC news .."Chelsea wouldn't have SOLD him if they knew he would end up at a rival"

I was very sceptical when Lampard joined City. How wrong I was. Already a great move and I hope he ends up with a Premiership Medal and goes to the MLS as a Champion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.