Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

Neville Kneville said:
moomba said:
Damocles said:
Because as I said earlier, your entire picture of what the CFG project is is just wrong.

It's a collection of clubs working together for the whole. At the moment, having Lamopard help one win the most prestigious league in the world is more important than having him as the second Designated Player for a MLS season. You're thinking in such tiny terms, CFG is about the next 50 years not the next 50 days. NYCFC will get their benefits but the facts of the matter is that Lampard was needed more at City than New York so that's where he went.

I agree with the idea that CFG is a collection of clubs working together for the whole.

I don't agree that Lampard staying with us is more important than him being with NYCFC for the start of their first season.

I'm certainly not thinking about the next 50 days, the ramifications of this decision will be felt in New York long after that IMO and long after Lampard has left the CFG entirely. Thats why I said the decision was shortsighted because while it might benefit us in the short term I am thinking long term with the whole thing.

How come it was ok for Beckham to just swan off whenever he felt like it, even though he was on ten times as much money as Lampard ?

It wasn't. Beckham got booed for several games after his return from AC Milan.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/david-beckham/5848160/David-Beckham-booed-on-LA-Galaxy-return.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... eturn.html</a>

RandomJ said:
The perfect fumble said:
Neville Kneville said:
True fan of what exactly ?

Surely the team has to start playing, then the club evolves, then those who stick with it over time, EVENTUALLY BECOME, true fans ?

Or perhaps it's like the Spice Girls ? You just hear about an idea & even before the first song comes out, hey presto, you are a 'true fan' ?

RAWK Loons piss on us for having no "istory".

So it's OK for us to do it to clubs that actually have none?

Yes cos they actually don't have any.

Hahaha, was about to post the same.

There's a small difference between "having no history" and actually having no history...

Neville Kneville said:
The perfect fumble said:
https://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/12/31/how-us-soccer-media-reacted-to-news-that-frank-lampard-isnt-joining-mls-until-may/

How US Soccer Media Reacted to News That Frank Lampard isn’t Joining MLS Until May

5 tweets then ?

Not exactly pitchforks in Time Square I admit!...

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

We want Lampard!!...Hang on!!... Piss off Fat Frank!

The perfect fumble said:
Neville Kneville said:
The perfect fumble said:
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/lets-stick-together-even-without-lampard.1807/

Let's Stick Together, Even Without Lampard

Most of you know me by now but if not, I'm a Man City fan from NOLA. I started following NYCFC through the Man City account and I got very excited for what this club could mean for US Soccer, MLS, etc.

Like most of you, I feel duped, embarrassed and angry. I've been on here and on twitter telling people how great this would be, how different this would be from failed experiments like Chivas USA, how we weren't a feeder club, etc. For a while this afternoon, I wondered whether I should even stay rooting for NYCFC.

People come to start rooting for sports teams for many reasons. There was a hashtag going around earlier today about why you started rooting for NYCFC. Maybe you came because they were a team in New York City. maybe you came because they were a Manchester City affiliate. Maybe you came because you just hated the Red Bulls name. Whatever.

But when people asked why we supported a team that had never played, they had a point. Those are all good reasons to start rooting for a team, but not very good reasons to stay rooting for a team. The location, the crest, the kit, the owners, the players, the coaches, etc. can all change like that. Why do people stay rooting?

Well, in my experience, it's because of the community that builds around a team. People say fans root for laundry, but that's never true. People root for a team because their friend, their father, their co-workers all as one live and die with the fortunes of a team. That communal experience in a world where people rarely leave their house or look up from their phone is so rare, so precious. That's what drives fans to stick through thick and thin with a team, regardless of the team's fortunes.

I decided this afternoon to stick with NYCFC not because of any more naivety about the club but because of the community of awesome people who loved NYCFC that I've been fortunate enough to interact with here. I've had a blast on here since March, and I couldn't imagine ditching this.

I get some people are angry and want to dump their season tickets. I understand completely, and wish you well with no ill feeling. But I hope you stay. For so long, we've been called Plastic. Now's a chance to prove them wrong. Let's stick together, despite the abuse and jokes that are coming our way.

We don't need Frank Lampard or Manchester City or MLS to create an incredible community of fans; we've done it without them already, right here. And this community is worth keeping. So please, stick around.

MikeDatTiger, Today at 6:06 PM

What a great post from a true fan

Surely the team has to start playing, then the club evolves, then those who stick with it over time, EVENTUALLY BECOME, true fans ?

Or perhaps it's like the Spice Girls ? You just hear about an idea & even before the first song comes out, hey presto, you are a 'true fan' ?

What a ridiculous statement. RAWK, and for that matter anyone who has a dig at Manchester City for having no history, is a fucking idiot with zero understanding of what history actually is, and no grasp of when Manchester City began, and what we've achieved in the 100+ years since then, New York City FC actually DON'T have any history. They are an expansion side which hasn't played a single game yet. Christ knows how you define a "true fan", but if it's supposed to be by loyalty, longevity, support through tough times etc then no-one who supports NYCFC can claim to have any of those traits in respect to that particular club.

Falastur said:
Neville Kneville said:
moomba said:
I agree with the idea that CFG is a collection of clubs working together for the whole.

I don't agree that Lampard staying with us is more important than him being with NYCFC for the start of their first season.

I'm certainly not thinking about the next 50 days, the ramifications of this decision will be felt in New York long after that IMO and long after Lampard has left the CFG entirely. Thats why I said the decision was shortsighted because while it might benefit us in the short term I am thinking long term with the whole thing.

How come it was ok for Beckham to just swan off whenever he felt like it, even though he was on ten times as much money as Lampard ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/david-beckham/5848160/David-Beckham-booed-on-LA-Galaxy-return.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... eturn.html</a>

why would you boo the god of football?

LoveCity said:
Can I get my ST refunded? I mean, Zuculini played in the Charity Shield after joining then the bastards at City loaned him out after making me think he'd play for us.

They really are petty, these franchise hoppers. There has been a suspicious lack of David Villa mentions this evening. Villa who is the best Designated Player in the MLS, joining them while still an excellent player having won La Liga and played in the Champions League final.

And they will be given another Designated Player yet and many quality young players.

Imagine a homeless man is given a house, a car and a maid. Then his benefactor takes away the maid for 4 months and the homeless man rebels.

"Unwavering support" my arse. If the official supporters' union can start lobbing grenades that easily after being given something from nothing, it doesn't speak well of their fanbase.

Reminds me of the Top Gear America Special when they all bought American muscle cars and then gave them away to victims of Hurricane Katrina. One of the cars had the wrong badge and the greedy cunts who benefited from a free car then tried to sue the BBC for misrepresentation or whatever the correct legal term is.

The perfect fumble said:
Neville Kneville said:
The perfect fumble said:
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/lets-stick-together-even-without-lampard.1807/

Let's Stick Together, Even Without Lampard

Most of you know me by now but if not, I'm a Man City fan from NOLA. I started following NYCFC through the Man City account and I got very excited for what this club could mean for US Soccer, MLS, etc.

Like most of you, I feel duped, embarrassed and angry. I've been on here and on twitter telling people how great this would be, how different this would be from failed experiments like Chivas USA, how we weren't a feeder club, etc. For a while this afternoon, I wondered whether I should even stay rooting for NYCFC.

People come to start rooting for sports teams for many reasons. There was a hashtag going around earlier today about why you started rooting for NYCFC. Maybe you came because they were a team in New York City. maybe you came because they were a Manchester City affiliate. Maybe you came because you just hated the Red Bulls name. Whatever.

But when people asked why we supported a team that had never played, they had a point. Those are all good reasons to start rooting for a team, but not very good reasons to stay rooting for a team. The location, the crest, the kit, the owners, the players, the coaches, etc. can all change like that. Why do people stay rooting?

Well, in my experience, it's because of the community that builds around a team. People say fans root for laundry, but that's never true. People root for a team because their friend, their father, their co-workers all as one live and die with the fortunes of a team. That communal experience in a world where people rarely leave their house or look up from their phone is so rare, so precious. That's what drives fans to stick through thick and thin with a team, regardless of the team's fortunes.

I decided this afternoon to stick with NYCFC not because of any more naivety about the club but because of the community of awesome people who loved NYCFC that I've been fortunate enough to interact with here. I've had a blast on here since March, and I couldn't imagine ditching this.

I get some people are angry and want to dump their season tickets. I understand completely, and wish you well with no ill feeling. But I hope you stay. For so long, we've been called Plastic. Now's a chance to prove them wrong. Let's stick together, despite the abuse and jokes that are coming our way.

We don't need Frank Lampard or Manchester City or MLS to create an incredible community of fans; we've done it without them already, right here. And this community is worth keeping. So please, stick around.

MikeDatTiger, Today at 6:06 PM

What a great post from a true fan

That's absolutely hilarious! Nice one!

To explain, you can't be a 'true fan' of something that hasn't started yet, especially if you already have a beef with the owners.

It is not possible.

That guy has no respect for the people who are providing him with a club, so he isn't a fan of them, he hasn't even seen the fucking team play yet, so he isn't a fan of tyhe team (they might be total shit) he is a fan of an idea which hasn't happened yet.

There is a difference between that & the guys who go & watch Oldham Athletic home & away.

They are true fans.

Calling these blokes true fans is a joke tbh, they have to earn that title by supporting the team over time.

de niro said:
Falastur said:
Neville Kneville said:

why would you boo the god of football?

And it all ended up happy ever after, just as this will.

Difference is, nobody in this country gave a fuck when Beckham swanned off from LA Galaxy. Now they are all suddely concerned about MLS.

Why ?

Purely because Lampard is helping City, not AC Milan or England.

Neville Kneville said:
The perfect fumble said:
Neville Kneville said:

That's absolutely hilarious! Nice one!

To explain, you can't be a 'true fan' of something that hasn't started yet, especially if you already have a beef with the owners.

It is not possible.

That guy has no respect for the people who are providing him with a club, so he isn't a fan of them, he hasn't even seen the fucking team play yet, so he isn't a fan of tyhe team (they might be total shit) he is a fan of an idea which hasn't happened yet.

There is a difference between that & the guys who go & watch Oldham Athletic home & away.

They are true fans.

Calling these blokes true fans is a joke tbh, they have to earn that title by supporting the team over time.

They can't support the team over time, because they have had none. The reason I call him a fan is he talks of the embryonic community that is springing up around the club and that is why he's sticking with NYCFC and urging others to do the same and good on him, that's all.

They're not the "York Away" veterans, in the football firmament they're nothing and our need is greater than theirs, and I'm glad Frank is staying, I saw him score the equiliser against Chelsea and the winner against Leicester. I want to see Frank hold the Premier league trophy aloft in a sky blue shirt, but I won't rubbish the hurt feelings of a sister club, or their fans, no matter how toy town they might seem, with talk of shirt refunds and NYCFC chants to Frank tommorrow against Sunderland.

They got shafted today, they're hurting, it doesn't matter to me very much, but I'm not going to pretend it doesn't matter at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.