Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

Frankiee44 said:
Chelsea fan in peace.

I'm obviously gutted you're keeping Lamps on until the end of the season. Losing out to City in the title race would obviously be horrible, but I could get over it. Watching Lamps lift the title in a City shirt would just be heartbreaking. I respect the decision though (I more or less expected it, with the way he's been performing) and I know you guys are very fond of him. I absolutely adore him. I'd still kiss the ground the bloke walks on regardless of how his time with you pans out.

May the best team win the race.

Welcome Frankiee44, I can quite understand your feelings. It is exactly how I feel about Richard Dunne (not that Dunnie Monster would be in a PL winning side any more unfortunately) I still miss him and would cheer him on no matter what, even if he were playing against us. So I can really empathise with what you are saying there.

Good luck on coming second though!! (Sorry couldn't resist). Yes may the best team win the race.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The way this deal has occured has further damaged our club's standing in the eyes of united, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea fans and for that reason alone, I'm in.

If it isn't hurting, it isn't working.

and platini, dont forget him. its brilliant.

SWP's back said:
richards30 said:
mcfc_nyc said:
Wow bro, where does one even begin to reply to this!? I mean you started off on the right track ("NYCFC are a child club in a parent group") and then you just went straight to abyss. If you truly are moderator of this forum, at least please stop moderating under influence because you spit a lot of bu**hit !

Lets clear something up from the start however. When in doubt - follow the money! Why was MCFC club chosen by Sheikh Mansour when ADUG started to invest and diversify their oil wealth? They wanted biggest bang for their $$$ of course. They could've successfully invested in many other european clubs and leagues but all taken into consideration, no other PL club would create such a dramatic rivalry as Man City could in the vicinity of the scum. So stop swinging your d**k like that and be happy that you support the club with owners that take great care of fans, local community and long-term well being of the club. In the end it's all about profits for them.

Lampard situation: this whole ordeal with Frank staying until end of season simply means that MCFC is very desperate to do whatever to keep aging but experienced and true professional player while Yaya is off to African Cup after spending all those millions to create depth in every position and supposed holistic approach. In order to keep any chance at the title and hopeful progress in CL, MCFC had no other choice but to take away unique Christmas toy from his little baby brother club which was promised to him by our parents. All that means is that our mutual owners used the calculator and decided that in current situation, it would be potentially more profitable for City to keep Frank at the cost of making complete mockery out of NYCFC and MLS!

And finally, your view on NYCFC "fans" is despicable and just horrible. With your logic, there were Blues supporting MCFC before universe was formed. FFS! I am one of those NYCFC fans and I am offended by your statements (but somehow I doubt you give 2shits about it tho). I got my inaugural season tickets with my buddies and was looking forward being part of history built around two legends. So much for that...

Welcome mate and a decent post imo. I think although he's done better than we could imagine, it has already tarnished nycfc and the next project for the CFG. When lampard first signed everyone laughed, wondered what the hell we were doing etc but now he's our most important player?? Like i said he's done amazingly well but to start a new venture both professionally and commercially it could be hugely damaging to tge CFG. This attitude blues have about not giving a shit about nycfc also confuses me as mcfc own nycfc?? Obviously mcfc will always be OUR team but nycfc arr ours as well for sporting AND commercial benefit!!!
He is not our most important player, but he is a handy squad member, like every other member of the squad apart from Sinclair.

And I'm sorry but NYCFC are made up of glory hunting rags, dippers and chavs and I really could not care less if they feel aggrieved. Without City forming them, they'd have nothing. They should be grateful and they will get plenty of help from City (their parent) in terms of young loanees and players that are getting on a bit, in time.

Very true, without question in the future some fantastic players will move to NYCFC when they get on abit. My only issue is to launch a brand new venture with all the advertising and razzmatazz regarding this and trying to expand the brand to then just change it doesnt seem professionally correct or commercially? Frank has been a brilliant signing for us and seems a popular squad member but even without yaya we still would have had: nasri, milner, navas, silva, fernando, Fernandihno, a returning jovetic, and edin and sergio due back in the next couple of weeks so was there a need to rock the boat at the start of a new sporting venture?

tonea2003 said:
SWP's back said:
Marvin said:
He will miss around 8 weeks of the MLS season.

The City Football Group is for the benefit of the entire Group - New York City will benefit if Lampard goes there as a Premier League title winner, and of course the entire group will be better off if that happens.
The City football group is for the benefit of City first and foremost buddy.

think a lot have lost sight of this fact

But it is one of the most incorrect statements read in this site. city football group is for the benefit of Abu dhabi everything about the project is for the interests of Abu dhabi. The second it benefits AD more to help NY or Shanghai or wherever over Manchester then they will.

Its so important to them that 28 people have voted in their what's upset you most poll the shirt or lampard !
Just think they should concentrate on bringing the cream of homegrown USA players through that can come on free transfers to the parent club .that is the plan isn't it ?

I can see that this is good for MCFC but for City Group and especially NYCFC I don't think it's good at all.
It's a new club and they have bought season tickets for this venture on the assumption that Frank and Villa will be playing.
City Group will have to get as good player to replace Frank for the first game on March 6th or there will be trouble, Probably a player who is going to Melbourne next season...
As Yanks are very litigious I can see a class action for breech of contract coming City groups way if this one isn't sorted out soon.
In Sheikh Mansour we trust...

Rammy Blue said:
It's a couple of months tops, hardly the end of the world. He'll be fitter when he joins than he would have been if he'd been training over there so instantly ready to play.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we sort them out with another decent signing to help placate the NY fans.

There will be a third designated player signing I'm sure. That would have happened if Lampard stayed here or not.

They can't sign a replacement designated player for Lampard so they'll go without for the 3 months (nearly) he'll be missing. I've read somewhere that will be around 13 or 14 matches out of a 34 match season.

As for United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, it's none of their business really.

With all the bullshit about ffp etc, fans are turning into fucking accountants & have become more worried about money & p.r. than the game being played on the pitch. It really is awful how bastards like Platini & Wenger have changed the thinking of football fans. Some people, some City fans, would prefer a player to leave City & play for someone else. That's how much we are becoming indoctrinated with the whole money making shit pit that the rags & Platini etc have created.

The game is football, Lampard is a footballer & this is a football decision.

Once they actually have a team & club up & running, then there is more of an argument for this not to happen, & I very much doubt it will happen again in these circumstances. At the moment, they don't really need him apart from as a curiosity. We need him to help us try to win a title. They need him to sign shirts & kiss babies.

That's why he is staying on here. To play football, & try to win stuff.

We will do a lot to make that club a success over the coming years, as with the others in the group but it's only just beginning & it's not a one way thing. So anybody thinking of supporting them needs to understand this is City they are supporting, in New York. We will give them loads of stuff & we will want stuff in return. They are well up on that deal so far, by about 2000%

It's good imo, that they get to know this before it all starts, then the ones who don't like it can fuck off, & the ones who do, can join in for the long ride, which will be going long after Lampard has retired & very successful too I'm sure.

City want it to work & will make sure it does. It is in our interest for that to happen.

1961_vintage said:
Frankiee44 said:

Cheers mate - based on the season so far I hope the 2nd best team wins it!

Is Mo getting away with this Lampard cock-up from the Chelsea fans perspective?

Not many see it as a cock up tbh. I don't know what sort of money he's on in NYC, but many felt it wasn't unreasonable to not want to pay a 36 year old £150k a week. He would have been one of our top 5 earners had he stayed. There are guys like Oscar who just doubled his wages and now earns £70k a week and other mainstays like Matic, Willian, Cahill and Azpi who are all on less than £80k a week. I don't know whether the club offered Lamps a new contract on reduced wages, but I know they didn't offer him a new contract on his original wages and I personally didn't find it that unreasonable either. His wages were way too high for someone whose contribution was dwindling by the week

Obviously things changed when he joined City. Most were fine with the club releasing him as we all thought he'd ride off into the sunset and then return a retired player. Those that are upset (and there are not many) are directing their frustrations at Lamps, and not Mourinho. After all Lamps did say repeatedly he would never play for another English club again.

Frankiee44 said:
Chelsea fan in peace.

I'm obviously gutted you're keeping Lamps on until the end of the season. Losing out to City in the title race would obviously be horrible, but I could get over it. Watching Lamps lift the title in a City shirt would just be heartbreaking. I respect the decision though (I more or less expected it, with the way he's been performing) and I know you guys are very fond of him. I absolutely adore him. I'd still kiss the ground the bloke walks on regardless of how his time with you pans out.

I've rated Frank since he played at West Ham imagine my joy to see him in a city shirt one of my all time greats love him to bits

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.