Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

richards30 said:
SWP's back said:
richards30 said:
Welcome mate and a decent post imo. I think although he's done better than we could imagine, it has already tarnished nycfc and the next project for the CFG. When lampard first signed everyone laughed, wondered what the hell we were doing etc but now he's our most important player?? Like i said he's done amazingly well but to start a new venture both professionally and commercially it could be hugely damaging to tge CFG. This attitude blues have about not giving a shit about nycfc also confuses me as mcfc own nycfc?? Obviously mcfc will always be OUR team but nycfc arr ours as well for sporting AND commercial benefit!!!
He is not our most important player, but he is a handy squad member, like every other member of the squad apart from Sinclair.

And I'm sorry but NYCFC are made up of glory hunting rags, dippers and chavs and I really could not care less if they feel aggrieved. Without City forming them, they'd have nothing. They should be grateful and they will get plenty of help from City (their parent) in terms of young loanees and players that are getting on a bit, in time.

Very true, without question in the future some fantastic players will move to NYCFC when they get on abit. My only issue is to launch a brand new venture with all the advertising and razzmatazz regarding this and trying to expand the brand to then just change it doesnt seem professionally correct or commercially? Frank has been a brilliant signing for us and seems a popular squad member but even without yaya we still would have had: nasri, milner, navas, silva, fernando, Fernandihno, a returning jovetic, and edin and sergio due back in the next couple of weeks so was there a need to rock the boat at the start of a new sporting venture?
I believed so and said as much for the last month, it was a judgement call and one that Pellegrini and Soriano certainly agreed with, as did Frank.

Frankie was NEVER on loan at City,he had a short term contract which has been extended,according to Stuart Brennan !!
So people can stop flapping and making noises that we have done the dirty on NYC !!!!

BlueAnorak said:
As Yanks are very litigious I can see a class action for breech of contract coming City groups way if this one isn't sorted out soon.

Classic stuff.

BlueBearBoots said:
Frankiee44 said:
Chelsea fan in peace.

I'm obviously gutted you're keeping Lamps on until the end of the season. Losing out to City in the title race would obviously be horrible, but I could get over it. Watching Lamps lift the title in a City shirt would just be heartbreaking. I respect the decision though (I more or less expected it, with the way he's been performing) and I know you guys are very fond of him. I absolutely adore him. I'd still kiss the ground the bloke walks on regardless of how his time with you pans out.

May the best team win the race.

I've rated Frank since he played at West Ham imagine my joy to see him in a city shirt one of my all time greats love him to bits

same here. i'm well chuffed.

moomba said:
Rammy Blue said:
It's a couple of months tops, hardly the end of the world. He'll be fitter when he joins than he would have been if he'd been training over there so instantly ready to play.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we sort them out with another decent signing to help placate the NY fans.

There will be a third designated player signing I'm sure. That would have happened if Lampard stayed here or not.

They can't sign a replacement designated player for Lampard so they'll go without for the 3 months (nearly) he'll be missing. I've read somewhere that will be around 13 or 14 matches out of a 34 match season.

As for United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, it's none of their business really.

I know that, however I think we'll line up and sign for them a better player than was originally intended.

EalingBlue2 said:
tonea2003 said:
SWP's back said:
The City football group is for the benefit of City first and foremost buddy.

think a lot have lost sight of this fact

But it is one of the most incorrect statements read in this site. city football group is for the benefit of Abu dhabi everything about the project is for the interests of Abu dhabi. The second it benefits AD more to help NY or Shanghai or wherever over Manchester then they will.
Incorrect. So incorrect. So very very incorrect.

City are the group. The group was set up to benefit City.

If you can't see that, well, I'm not really surprised. You got the this call on Lampard and what Soriano would do wrong as well, you even stated that Pellegrini's view would be "irrelevant". Pmsl.

BlueAnorak said:
I can see that this is good for MCFC but for City Group and especially NYCFC I don't think it's good at all.
It's a new club and they have bought season tickets for this venture on the assumption that Frank and Villa will be playing.
City Group will have to get as good player to replace Frank for the first game on March 6th or there will be trouble, Probably a player who is going to Melbourne next season...
As Yanks are very litigious I can see a class action for breech of contract coming City groups way if this one isn't sorted out soon.
In Sheikh Mansour we trust...
Are you actually for real?

I`ll re-iterate what I said before for the benefit of those who continue to slag City off :

Frankie was NEVER on loan at City,he had a short term contract which has been extended,according to Stuart Brennan !!
So people can stop flapping and making noises that we have done the dirty on NYC !!!!

SWP's back said:
BlueAnorak said:
I can see that this is good for MCFC but for City Group and especially NYCFC I don't think it's good at all.
It's a new club and they have bought season tickets for this venture on the assumption that Frank and Villa will be playing.
City Group will have to get as good player to replace Frank for the first game on March 6th or there will be trouble, Probably a player who is going to Melbourne next season...
In Sheikh Mansour we trust...
Are you actually for real?

Quality that one isn't it fella, happy new year to you mate anyway.

oakiecokie said:
I`ll re-iterate what I said before for the benefit of those who continue to slag City off :

That's not quite the real situation though fella, as we paraded him in NY in his kit etc and sold season tickets off the back of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.