Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

EalingBlue2 said:
SWP's back said:
blueinsa said:
Finally puts to bed any doubts as to who is in charge when it comes to the CFG.

Frank wants to play football, not fucking soccer!
You'd think so but Ealing et al still don't get it.

Because the more intelligent amongst is realise sheikh mansour runs all his investments in the interests of his country and its long term strategy and not in city's intetests. They believe it is going to make more positive difference to city than NY I hope they're right I fear they are wrong.

As for abusing fans who come on here to complain I don't get it - the arrogance is just Un- City or maybe new City

Now this is interesting.

People are going on about how these 'fans' of NYC, have been slighted, but now here you are suggesting our owner doesn't think like a City fan.

Sheikh Mansour is a City fan.

oakiecokie said:
moomba said:
oakiecokie said:
will only miss approx 6-8 weeks of the new season for his new Club in May.

11 weeks minimum. NYCFC are still negotiating when he will arrive, it may be that he'll need a break at the end of our season.

Which equates to how many games ?
I've heard around 13 or 14. The full fixture is released next week. MLS is a 34 game season.

Frank Lampard: Man City stay prompts New York fans' outrage

Fans of Major League Soccer's New York City are "outraged" by Frank Lampard's decision to stay with Manchester City until the end of the English season.
Lampard, 36, signed for New York after being released by Chelsea last June but then joined the Premier League champions on a short-term deal.
That deal has now been extended to the summer, meaning Lampard could miss the first three months of the MLS season.
New York fans group the Third Rail said it "publicly denounced" the decision.
In a statement, the independent supporters group added: "Many fans, including our members, decided to support the team, committed to season tickets, and bought merchandise under the impression that Frank Lampard would be playing for New York City Football Club, not Manchester City.
"Many of those fans are rightly outraged by this decision, and we support any course of action they take to voice their discontent over this decision."
NYCFC tweet
Frank Lampard has featured heavily in New York City's promotional material for season ticket sales
MLS franchise New York City are owned jointly by Manchester City and baseball giants the New York Yankees.
The Third Rail added: "We reject out of hand any suggestion that NYCFC is in any way secondary to Manchester City FC, regardless of the source, and are disappointed that City Football Group would give such an appearance."
Lampard's original move to the Etihad was criticised by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who suggested the club had bypassed Financial Fair Play rules to sign the former England midfielder.
Lampard has scored six goals in 17 appearances for City this season.
The Premier League ends on 24 May, while the Champions League final takes place on 6 June - Manchester City face Barcelona in the last 16 next month.
New York City admitted they do not know when Lampard will join the club.
"His exact starting date with New York City FC will be confirmed as the EPL and MLS seasons unfold," said the American club.
"All parties remain in ongoing dialogue to create the best outcome for all."
Former Liverpool player and New England Revolution coach Steve Nicol told ESPN the deal sent a negative message about MLS to fans.
"It's a disaster for that new franchise, a disaster for MLS," he said.
But MLS deputy commissioner Mark Abbott believes the move remains a positive one for US soccer.
He said: "Frank Lampard's performance at Manchester City reaffirms that he is one of the world's elite midfielders and we look forward to him joining NYCFC during the 2015 season."

Neville Kneville said:
EalingBlue2 said:
SWP's back said:
You'd think so but Ealing et al still don't get it.

Because the more intelligent amongst is realise sheikh mansour runs all his investments in the interests of his country and its long term strategy and not in city's intetests. They believe it is going to make more positive difference to city than NY I hope they're right I fear they are wrong.

As for abusing fans who come on here to complain I don't get it - the arrogance is just Un- City or maybe new City

Now this is interesting.

People are going on about how these 'fans' of NYC, have been slighted, but now here you are suggesting our owner doesn't think like a City fan.

Sheikh Mansour is a City fan.
Of course he's a City fan ffs. He drove all the way to Spain, in a car with scant legroom, to secure the services of our manager. That takes real dedication.

moomba said:
oakiecokie said:
moomba said:
11 weeks minimum. NYCFC are still negotiating when he will arrive, it may be that he'll need a break at the end of our season.

Which equates to how many games ?
I've heard around 13 or 14. The full fixture is released next week. MLS is a 34 game season.

So are you trying to tell me that he misses nearly half a season by staying at City for an extra 2 months after the commencement of the American League ?

oakiecokie said:

But MLS deputy commissioner Mark Abbott believes the move remains a positive one for US soccer.
He said: "Frank Lampard's performance at Manchester City reaffirms that he is one of the world's elite midfielders and we look forward to him joining NYCFC during the 2015 season."

At last some intelligence.

Instead of an old horse ready for the knackers yard, they will be getting a full on Premier League star. Maybe even one who scores the key goal in the title race.

"Fans of NYCFC outraged" lol.

They haven't got any fucking fans and without us, they wouldnt even have a club.

Way too many getting caught up with this Melbourne and NY bullshit imo.

Only one fucking club, fuck everyone else.

Neville Kneville said:
oakiecokie said:

At last some intelligence.

Instead of an old horse ready for the knackers yard, they will be getting a full on Premier League star. Maybe even one who scores the key goal in the title race.

Or even in The CL Final ???? (I can but dream,mate)

Isn't the whole MLS season just completely irrelevant until the play-offs start?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.