Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

acquiesce said:
SWP's back said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
This is excellent news for Manchester City, and all the manic bleating from other fans about irrelevant matters such as FFP shows just what an impact Lamps has had so far this season. I am concerned at the possible consequences this might have on the other clubs in the group, most obviously New York. The Sheikh invested $1 billion to buy the franchise and then brought two wonderful players for the new club. We can all understand the frustration of fans in New York now that they may not see one of the players who was most persuasive in selling season tickets. I think we have to realise that Manchester might be the centre of the City group, because of the greater experience of top level football/soccer and the new facilities the Sheikh has had built, but no single club must be allowed to dominate the others. I am supremely confident that the Sheikh is of this opinion, and I'm sure that we'll see deals before the start of the MLS season, probably/possibly including loan deals taking some of our promising young players to New York for a spell.

New York is a City which offers unrivalled opportunities for the City group, and the returns could well be astronomic so we don't want to alienate people there for any half-season gain. Let's be thankful then that it's the Sheikh, Khaldoon etc who have the final say in the decisions.
1bn dollars to buy the franchise?

Eh

Yeah, think it was $100million . . . .
It was. Or exactly 1 Di Maria.

S04 said:
The Sports Media in USA are sharpening the knives already.. No surprise really I guess

With Lampard extension, Man City shows lack of regard for NYC fans

By Sports Illustrated @SInow
You never get a second chance to make a first impression, especially in New York City, which doesn’t play second fiddle to anybody. Which is why the decision by Manchester City owners on Wednesday to... etc etc

Think that article was by Grant Wahl? He very . . . . . . American. He was saying last night on twitter that the people who have bought the 11k season tickets should all ask for a refund. Imagine buying a season ticket for one player? I'm going to laugh when David Villa tears his achilles in the first day of training. (NOTE-I'm not laughing at him if this happens, just he almighty rage that would descend on New York)

Finally puts to bed any doubts as to who is in charge when it comes to the CFG.

Frank wants to play football, not fucking soccer!

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
The more they hurt the better it is, well done all concerned at the club for wrapping this up, Wenger, Maureen (and his attack dog Barclay) and the other assorted cunts who cant go more than 2 sentences without mentioning money (Colin, Arry, Fat Sam et al) hopefully will go into full on whine and whinge, fuck them, fuck them all. Happy New Year you bunch of cunts, stick it in your pipe and smoke it.

Their salty tears are making my hangover all the better.
I like you.

blueinsa said:
Finally puts to bed any doubts as to who is in charge when it comes to the CFG.

Frank wants to play football, not fucking soccer!
You'd think so but Ealing et al still don't get it.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
This is excellent news for Manchester City, and all the manic bleating from other fans about irrelevant matters such as FFP shows just what an impact Lamps has had so far this season. I am concerned at the possible consequences this might have on the other clubs in the group, most obviously New York. The Sheikh invested $1 billion to buy the franchise and then brought two wonderful players for the new club. We can all understand the frustration of fans in New York now that they may not see one of the players who was most persuasive in selling season tickets. I think we have to realise that Manchester might be the centre of the City group, because of the greater experience of top level football/soccer and the new facilities the Sheikh has had built, but no single club must be allowed to dominate the others. I am supremely confident that the Sheikh is of this opinion, and I'm sure that we'll see deals before the start of the MLS season, probably/possibly including loan deals taking some of our promising young players to New York for a spell.

New York is a City which offers unrivalled opportunities for the City group, and the returns could well be astronomic so we don't want to alienate people there for any half-season gain. Let's be thankful then that it's the Sheikh, Khaldoon etc who have the final say in the decisions.

The investment in MCFC was in a tried and tested league where profits are almost guaranteed if the business is run well. Not too sure about the US where football plays 3rd or 4th fiddle to other sports - not exactly unrivalled, then - so this investment is a bit of a gamble whichever way you look at it.

The owners had a tough call to make. NYCFC is still an unknown outfit - a plaything in all but name at the moment. Their fans (and that's an inappropriate word until they actually start playing) won't agree with this, of course, but from a global perspective, this is what they are. The MLS will NEVER be bigger than the Premier League - well not in my lifetime.

I hope (and with our owners, expect) they will become much more in the future, even if just from a selfish perspective it will benefit MCFC. But now, we come first. Personally I don't understand why their fans are so apoplectic, excepting that some support other English teams and are just having a Wengeresque strop.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
The more they hurt the better it is, well done all concerned at the club for wrapping this up, Wenger, Maureen (and his attack dog Barclay) and the other assorted cunts who cant go more than 2 sentences without mentioning money (Colin, Arry, Fat Sam et al) hopefully will go into full on whine and whinge, fuck them, fuck them all. Happy New Year you bunch of cunts, stick it in your pipe and smoke it.

Their salty tears are making my hangover all the better.
I like you.

Happy New Year mate. Even if you left me on the subs bench last night Louis.

SWP's back said:
EalingBlue2 said:
tonea2003 said:
think a lot have lost sight of this fact

But it is one of the most incorrect statements read in this site. city football group is for the benefit of Abu dhabi everything about the project is for the interests of Abu dhabi. The second it benefits AD more to help NY or Shanghai or wherever over Manchester then they will.
Incorrect. So incorrect. So very very incorrect.

City are the group. The group was set up to benefit City.

If you can't see that, well, I'm not really surprised. You got the this call on Lampard and what Soriano would do wrong as well, you even stated that Pellegrini's view would be "irrelevant". Pmsl.

Are you a comedy poster - do you genuinely believe the sheikh bought us for the benefit of City, perhaps you think he is moving to Beswick? Shouldn't reply as know you are joking but a little bit of me worries you are saying what you believe so I have to

'S a funny ole thing! A week or so ago, at great expense, no doubt, local BBC sent a 'crack' team to New York to see if any New Yorkers had heard of NYCFC. No, came the answers. Now I see on the BBC website that New Yorkers are 'outraged' by Frank not going to NYCFC. One minute they've never heard of the team, and the next they are outraged. Seems we are in for a typical BBC reporting year!! Stay with the OS for yer footy news!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.