Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

el blue said:
SWP's back said:
S04 said:
This is how it looks in a NY paper.. The NY Daily News
Just in case someone think that it´s just a minor story.

B6hw_aLCcAEPo2B.jpg
We couldn't give a fuck, you must remember that.

You do love a good handwring don't you.

But they've given it a whole 4 (FOUR) columns!!!!

No such thing as bad publicity. We should grab Villa for the rest of the PL season as well and see do they get their own pull out section.

Starting to wonder if buying this franchise was such a good idea, it's far from being one big happy family and the fans seem to be made up of disgruntled rivals

dannybcity said:
S04 said:
1) They will not accept a mini-MCFC as a true New York club.. Americans have an absolute dislike of farming clubs as they call the minor teams owned by major teams in their major leagues

Fine, well perhaps they shouldn't decide to support them then. NYCFC are very much a "mini-MCFC" as City own 80%.

I think CFG should just call their bluff and offer to refund season tickets. I'm willing to bet not many of the gobshites on their forums running City down would take them up on it though.

Surely the Holding Company (CFG) own the 80% do they not ?
Not sure of the exact share distribution but City are probably 100% owned by CFG, which in turn is eventually owned by Sheik M. (via ADUG I presume).

Prestwich_Blue said:
Apparently it's not unusual for designated players not to join their clubs until July. The only issue was not being up-front about about this.

I do think if we had originally announced that MCFC had signed Lampard for the season, and that he would move to NYCFC after that, it wouldn't be an issue at all.

S04 said:
This is how it looks in a NY paper.. The NY Daily News
Just in case someone think that it´s just a minor story.

B6hw_aLCcAEPo2B.jpg
Is that the NY equivalent of The Sun by any chance?

moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Apparently it's not unusual for designated players not to join their clubs until July. The only issue was not being up-front about about this.

I do think if we had originally announced that MCFC had signed Lampard for the season, and that he would move to NYCFC after that, it wouldn't be an issue at all.

They'd just be throwing tantrums over the jersey then.

The ability of our owners to sign class players in different continents is still very new as is their ability to use them constructively.
Bound to be stories like this all the time but it all boils down to appeasing supporters on both sides, the deal has already been agreed between the clubs.

aguero93:20 said:
moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

They'd just be throwing tantrums over the jersey then.

Maybe.

I don't have a problem with supporters being able to criticise decisions of the club, much better than sit down, shut up and accept whatever is thrown at them. I've seen enough outrage after our own kit releases to know that it's not just a NYCFC thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.