Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

gordondaviesmoustache said:
agueroooo Stupendous! said:
If this fiesta of bitterness against Manchester City club continues to happen from NYFC fans and the rags sympathiser, I would like to see Abu Dhabi Group to find a way to pull out of this NYFC project. Let us see, may be the rags or someone else will build them a new stadium and fund their project, so they can compete at the highest level!!.

Okay maybe I'm overreacting this situation but, I hope that someone from the city high management level just only mention that they are re-evaluating the NYFC project and we will see how things change.
Do you, by any chance, work in the field of corporate strategy?

I chuckled

If this fiesta of bitterness against Manchester City club continues to happen from NYFC fans and the rags sympathiser, I would like to see Abu Dhabi Group to find a way to pull out of this NYFC project. Let us see, may be the rags or someone else will build them a new stadium and fund their project, so they can compete at the highest level!!.

Okay maybe I'm overreacting this situation but, I hope that someone from the city high management level just only mention that they are re-evaluating the NYFC project and we will see how things change.

Well let's see, I have a degree in finance and I studded corporate management. Also, my work is related in a way to this sector, so I guess you could say that I'm familiar with this thing.

eversince 76 said:
Just imagine we loan Negredo to Valencia until December and he scores for fun in Spain. We need him back and the loanperiod has ended, yet Valencia (who in this imaginational picture have the same owners as us) gets to decide he stays for another 6 months in Spain.
In this 'imaginational picture', is La Liga about five steps up the global football pyramid from the Premier League? If so, I'd understand the decision. We don't live in a communist utopia, so some clubs are more equal than others. That's just the reality of the situation, and no amount of bleating from New York is going to change that.

Well let's see, I have a degree in finance and I studded corporate management. Also, my work is related in a way to this sector, so I guess you could say that I'm familiar with this thing.

In the "sector" that you "work" in, if a business had invested £150m in a project that hadn't started trading yet, would you advise them "pull out" as soon as they received any bad press?

Shaelumstash said:

In the "sector" that you "work" in, if a business had invested £150m in a project that hadn't started trading yet, would you advise them "pull out" as soon as they received any bad press?
Particularly when that investment was part of a strategic development initiative for their country and its global image. We've not handled it as well as we could but Lampard will go there after the PL season ends and it will all die down quickly.

Dubai Blue said:
eversince 76 said:
Just imagine we loan Negredo to Valencia until December and he scores for fun in Spain. We need him back and the loanperiod has ended, yet Valencia (who in this imaginational picture have the same owners as us) gets to decide he stays for another 6 months in Spain.
In this 'imaginational picture', is La Liga about five steps up the global football pyramid from the Premier League? If so, I'd understand the decision. We don't live in a communist utopia, so some clubs are more equal than others. That's just the reality of the situation, and no amount of bleating from New York is going to change that.

Aah, yet another argument in our favour. MLS is a Mickey Mouse league compared to the English Premier League. And how does this reflect on Lampard who must have been fully aware he signed a contract with a team from a league that is -how many did you say: five (5) steps below the EPL. It's a non-argument mate.
And imho their fans, wherever they have come from, have more right to bleat about the descision than anyone else.

The reality of the situation as you put it is that Lampard signed for NYCFC and was loaned to us. And now the loanperiod has ended, the club for which the player has actually signed wants the player back because he was supposed to be one of their major assets. Yet it is decided by whoever does decide, he will remain at the club he was loaned to. Obvious not? Not to me. And that's exactly the point I am trying to make. The fans, i.e. their fans, are left behind with no explanation nor any comment from the player himself. They can bleat what they want, according to you, but I'd like to see you in their position, which was actually the point I was trying to make within the imaginary picture (imaginational? I'm foreign).

Next you'll be telling us you're on LinkedIn.

I find it hilarious that fans of a team that have not kicked a ball in anger, are angry about a player who has not kicked a ball in anger for them, has delayed joining for 6 months

The fact that one of the best players british football has produced will be joining them AT ANY POINT is a coup in itself

They are spoilt already and they have not even started!

Never mind 'Where were you when you were shit'

More like 'Where were you when you were formed'

Next you'll be telling us you're on LinkedIn.

Don't know why you're teasing him. His corporate strategy is known as the "Adrian Mole" strategy and is one that is often recommended on Bluemoon during difficult transfer negotiations. "We should just tell him to fuck off" is the usual suggested methodology. It doesn't matter how many tens of millions are involved. The trick to its successful application is to see life as a teenage disco.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.