Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

As good as Fabregas is Lampard is complete in his role and they were bleeding mad letting him go.

He has brought that intangible quality of being awesome with no fuss.
He knows where to be and when and he scores for fun.
He can affect the whole match with clever runs and good vision and passing.
Neither has he missed a beat, Pellegrini is using him perfectly. Both us as a team and Frank as an individual are benefitting.

Never had a bad word to say about him either, not in the news for beating fellas up with 13 blokes at his side like a certain scouser.

He also has a brain which i like, he can give a coherent reply to reporters beyond the scripted stuff most say in a monotonous tone.
That last bit is just a personal thing i admire in a player.

I hope he stays for a couple of years tbh but as i am not a **** he should go to nycfc...in may :-D

Tl;dr Lamps is the fucking biz!

oakiecokie said:
I just love the vitriol coming out of Chelsea fans at the thought that we are fucking UEFA backwards,by having Frankie on "loan".
Hehehehehe.Couldn`t be happier with our good fortune.
How does that work as he's off on free transfer and it will be the same had he come directly to city?
Or are we just fucking with CFC as they probably would be more reluctant to let him go if he was going directly to us?

supercity88 said:
For any match going blues, just take the chance to watch Frank for 5 minutes or so. Both when we have the ball and when we don't. You will then understand just why he is such a great player and has been able to score so many goals. His wisdom on the pitch is what sets him apart. He sees danger from the opposition and tracks runners, and his knowledge of that side leads to him knowing how and where to run when attacking, in order to cause problems.

I think his decision making has actually improved. He can't do the box to box role anymore but against Bayern we saw how he can help the team flow. He kept the ball and passed backwards when we had a bit of pressure and he played the outball to Navas or Aguero when Bayern's defence was towards the halfway line. He also supported Aguero by not playing too far away from him so that Kun wasn't isolated and had someone to pick passes up from and to play intricate 1-2s with.

Have always rated Frank incredibly highly and would love for him to stay all season. Hopefully he can come back and coach once his stint in the US is over. Him and Vieira at the club would be incredible. He's a true professional and a credit to the football club.

Agree with every word

Neville Kneville said:
Watch Lampard's head when he's not in possession of the ball, looking round, looking round, looking round, making sure he has an updated image of every situation before the ball comes to him.

Class act, who is really suited, at this age, to the free type role Pellegrini has given him. Probably would have been an even better player in a more fluid team like City, than at Chelsea.

Yup, check this out as he charges forward to take Milners pass for his goal. Not just running with his head down or ball watching. His head is swivelling everywhere. Checks out the right wing, knows what's behind him and how much time he's got when he receives the ball. Hope he is having a few words with our young midfielders. Class.

Neville Kneville said:
Watch Lampard's head when he's not in possession of the ball, looking round, looking round, looking round, making sure he has an updated image of every situation before the ball comes to him.

Is that not just the early stages of Parkinson's...

noblelord said:
supercity88 said:
For any match going blues, just take the chance to watch Frank for 5 minutes or so. Both when we have the ball and when we don't. You will then understand just why he is such a great player and has been able to score so many goals. His wisdom on the pitch is what sets him apart. He sees danger from the opposition and tracks runners, and his knowledge of that side leads to him knowing how and where to run when attacking, in order to cause problems.

I think his decision making has actually improved. He can't do the box to box role anymore but against Bayern we saw how he can help the team flow. He kept the ball and passed backwards when we had a bit of pressure and he played the outball to Navas or Aguero when Bayern's defence was towards the halfway line. He also supported Aguero by not playing too far away from him so that Kun wasn't isolated and had someone to pick passes up from and to play intricate 1-2s with.

Have always rated Frank incredibly highly and would love for him to stay all season. Hopefully he can come back and coach once his stint in the US is over. Him and Vieira at the club would be incredible. He's a true professional and a credit to the football club.

Agree with every word

Add to that that he is universally respected by players, managers, officials, journalists, and everyone connected with football. Evidence in a small part can be seen on our tunnel cams.

He's incredible at cutting off passing angles. Watch him when we don't have the ball. Most of the time he is looking behind to see where opponents are trying to find space, then he shuts off the angle.

Tricky_Trev said:
He's incredible at cutting off passing angles. Watch him when we don't have the ball. Most of the time he is looking behind to see where opponents are trying to find space, then he shuts off the angle.

I have never, in 42 years, seen a player who looks around himself as frequent as Lampard does. He's constantly looking to his right, to his left, behind him, constantly, when running or when standing still, always.

Pingu the Penguin said:
256 career goals from midfield

amazing really

Not so amazing when you consider the factor that he was the main penalty taker.

Not that I am having a go at Lampard, he is one of the best players I've seen of my generation, and I cannot fault him. Just does my head in when I see that sort of stat. IMO it should be broken down between goals scored and penalties scored. In Lampards case, it would still be impressive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.